VBAC

I didn't get to VBAC, but...

I learned a lot about being in control of my medical decisions. I learned that the most important thing is to be the captain of your own team, and to have a doctor that is happy to be on your team. I learned that you need to stand your ground where it really counts, and not to be scared by empty threats of doctors looking to cover their own asses.

I had GD this pregnancy. I was told that I would not be allowed to go past 39 weeks. The OB had said that he would schedule for 40 weeks exactly, because he respected my wishes to VBAC. At 39 weeks, I went to the OB armed with my blood sugar readings, had a BPP and an NST every week, and told my doctor that I wanted to wait longer. He let me wait until 41 weeks 2 days for the baby to make an appearance on his own. He tried to strip my membranes, with no avail. I made no progress. On the 19th I ended up having a RCS, but this time, I did it willingly, knowing that I waited as long as I safely could for him to come on his own, it just wasn't in the cards for me. 

Good luck to those of you still trying. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I didn't get to VBAC, but...

• I was wondering how things went for you!  I know so many people say that they would just request NSTs if the doc wanted to induce or schedule a RCS too early, but not many people actually do it, so I'm very impressed! 

So how about the fun stuff?  The baby!  Stats?  Congrats!

DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Excellent!!! I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations and wishing you a fast recovery. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! I agree with chicsub, it's great that you took charge of your pregnancy. Enjoy your new baby!!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Congrats on your new baby!

I'm so glad you were able to have a voice and direct your medical care.  Good for you for standing up for what you wanted--I know that can be hard.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Smile 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm really glad that you feel good about this delivery.  It is so hard and stressful to feel like you have no control over your choices.  You should be very proud of yourself for standing your ground.  Congratulations on your new baby!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"