Detroit Babies
Options

OB Recs - preferably who deliver at RO Beaumont

Hi everyone,

I'm pregnant with my 2nd son and we recently just moved from Sterling Heights to Rochester Hills. I love my current OB but the office is at 13 & Hoover, so driving from Adams & Walton to the office in the winter will not be fun. Plus I work in Southfield.

I also don't live very far from Crittenton if you have any recs for Dr's there.

TIA!

Steph

Re: OB Recs - preferably who deliver at RO Beaumont

• Options

I delivered out of RO Beaumont and I go to Women First OB/GYN in Royal Oak at 13 and Woodward. It's a practice with about 5 doctors, all female.  You see all of them during your pregnancy and I liked all of them. Dr. Moore was my favorite and she ended up delivering my dd via CS. But honestly I can't say one bad thing about any of the doctors.

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am so glad that you posted! I came to the board to ask for OB recs in the Sterling Heights/Utica area because the OB/GYN that I have seen in the past and really love only delivers at Beaumont Royal Oak and it's too far from me.  The practice is Somerset Gynecology & Obstetrics.  Would you be willing to share your previous OB?  Where did you deliver with your first?

Wishing you the best!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you both for the recommendations. 13 & woodward would be a perfect spot and one one of my best friends goes to Somerset G & O and loves it there. I'll definitely check both places out.

Right now I'm at Mission OBGyn https://www.missionobgyn.net/ and I love all 3 of the OB's there. That's why it's so hard for me to leave. They do share on call with 3 Dr's from other practices so there's a chance one of them could deliver you too. One of these Dr's actually delivered my first and he was great. Mission's office is on 13 mile between Van *** and Hoover so I'm not sure if that's around where you're looking. And they deliver at RO Beaumont.

Thanks ladies!

• Options
    Dr. Uckele delivered both my kids.  His office is in the medical building on Royal Oak's campus.  He takes on a lot of high risk cases.  He is such a great doctor and has the BEST bedside manner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm on the west side, so no help, but I just had to say your siggy made me laugh!

Congrats on #2!  Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I go to Generations in Birmingham, at Woodward & Maple (15 Mile). I usually see Dr. Loerkhe. I also really like Dr. Afshar, but I've found all the doctors there to be friendly and helpful so far.  You meet them all at least once for OB appointments.  They all deliver at RO Beaumont.

• Options

I chose Comprehensive Women's Health in Birmingham because she is in practice by herself so you work with the same doctor throughout your pregnancy.  She also tries to deliver for you but she does share on-call duties with Dr. Genord who is based out of Royal Oak.  He has very good reviews as well and will meet you at any time during your pregnancy free-of-charge.

Both deliver out of RO Beaumont.

Good luck on your search.  I found patient reviews of doctors to be very helpful. Try Yelp or Vitals.com

Good luck!

• Options
    imagekristinandbill:

I chose Comprehensive Women's Health in Birmingham because she is in practice by herself so you work with the same doctor throughout your pregnancy.  She also tries to deliver for you but she does share on-call duties with Dr. Genord who is based out of Royal Oak.  He has very good reviews as well and will meet you at any time during your pregnancy free-of-charge.

Both deliver out of RO Beaumont.

Good luck on your search.  I found patient reviews of doctors to be very helpful. Try Yelp or Vitals.com

Good luck!

This is who I used for DD2. Use her Oxford office. I like her and her NP. I had her all to myself when my water broke ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options

Dr, Gruskin is amazing! She did my C section and I highly recommend her.  Not sure how the commute would be for you though.  Good Luck and Congrat's!!

https://westoaklandobgyn.com/about_us.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow, thank you all so much for all the great feedback. I will definitely look into all of these places.

SillyBilly11, Dr. Gruskin actaully shares on call with the Dr's I go to now. I talked to her at the begininng of this pregnancy when I had spotting. She did seem super nice. I googled mapped her office from my office and it's only 10 minutes away. I think this could be a good option, thanks for your help!

• Options
    OMG yay, she is one of the BEST!!  =) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"