Two Under 2

3 month old daughter & pregnant again....

Does anyone have any helpful hints for this pregnancy? This was def not planned!!

Re: 3 month old daughter & pregnant again....

• Nap when your baby naps. At least in the first tri. Plus your baby won't be mobile until you are pretty far along. And maybe not walking until after the new baby arrives. Never turn down help. It was a really long nine months for me, but I honestly can't imagine being pregnant now with my two year old running around. You can do it.
  • As you can see from my ticker, this happened to me too. It was scary at first, and I also felt a little ashamed. I can't explain why, but people, especially my family, were very helpful. Like PP said, never turn down help. I ended up in the hospital with pre-e during my 7th month, and my husband had to take care of our then 6 month old, and our 13 year old sons. I ended up delivering almost two months early, and he spent some time in the NICU, but is getting stronger every day. While my middle son is very busy, I would not change our life for anything. Good luck to you, and be proud!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your tips!!! I try to sleep when she does!!! I am a little worried that this delivery will be much much harder and painful.  I have already had extremely bad back pain because my muscles were so out of shape.
  • imagemomma26311:
    Thank you for your tips!!! I try to sleep when she does!!! I am a little worried that this delivery will be much much harder and painful.  I have already had extremely bad back pain because my muscles were so out of shape.

Get a good chiropractor in place now. The back pain got really bad around 20 weeks but a chiro made me feel amazing. If you start going before now, it will be better before you're big.

And congrats on your second pregnancy! I think in a lot of ways it's easier having them close together. I thought the ages of 9-16 months were easy one, and it was nice having my older child at an easy age for the newborn phase on #2. You get to rest a lot, your LO wont be fully mobile until the very end of your pregnancy (or maybe not until after your 2nd is here) and you wont have to try to chase/entertain a toddler while hugely pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm right there with you. Owen will be 5 months on Tuesday I got a BFP Monday morning. It wasn't planned but it is what it is and after the shock wore off we are so very happy and excited. It's going to be tough but we will make it through.
  • My lo was also 3 months when we found out #2 was coming. The pregnancy was great until 32 weeks when I got diagnosed with mild pre-e. I still took care of lo, but rested as much as possible.I had a repeat c/s and the recovery was so much better! I was up walking 2 hours after. It has been easier than I thought, but there have been rough days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Same thing with me- DS and DD will be exactly 12 months apart.  First of all RELAX!  You will get through this.  I have found this pregnancy to be easier (once I dealt with the MS in the first trimester) on my body- everything is still all loose and streched out from DS.  Also, I am so busy looking after DS that the time is really flying by very quickly and I am not nearly as consumed with Googling every little pregnancy and baby thing, so I am more relaxed.  Congrats!
  • Congrats!  The initial shock will wear off and you will have a nice long pregnancy to get used to the idea of have 2u1 :)
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemomma26311:
    Thank you for your tips!!! I try to sleep when she does!!! I am a little worried that this delivery will be much much harder and painful.  I have already had extremely bad back pain because my muscles were so out of shape.

My daughter was 3.5 months when I found out about our second DD.  It was not planned for us either and I received several comments about it.  But honestly, I would not change it.  I had pretty bad morning sickness, but at the time, my DD1 was not mobile, so I was able to lay on the floor with her and play.  Also, they still sleep quite a bit, so there is down time.  And, by the time my DD2 was born (12 months and 1 day after DD1), DD1 was self feeding, walking and running, going up stairs on her own, so it was less intimidating than I thought it would be.  Children suprise you!

As for the back pain and labor, my body was looser during the pregnancy which added more ache, but when it came to the labor, not a problem.  It was as if my body was already prepped and ready to go.  In fact, my husband almost had to catch DD2.  The doctor ran in, told me not to move (didn't even break down the bed), I pushed once, and out she came.  So, there are pros and cons to having two so close. 

No matter what, when you have two children, whether they be 11/12 months apart or 18mon/2years there are going to ups and downs.  You will be fine, you will be great, and well, you will be frazzled! :)- But, honestly, you will be great! GL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemomma26311:

My daughter was 3.5 months when I found out about our second DD.  It was not planned for us either and I received several comments about it.  But honestly, I would not change it.  I had pretty bad morning sickness, but at the time, my DD1 was not mobile, so I was able to lay on the floor with her and play.  Also, they still sleep quite a bit, so there is down time.  And, by the time my DD2 was born (12 months and 1 day after DD1), DD1 was self feeding, walking and running, going up stairs on her own, so it was less intimidating than I thought it would be.  Children suprise you!

As for the back pain and labor, my body was looser during the pregnancy which added more ache, but when it came to the labor, not a problem.  It was as if my body was already prepped and ready to go.  In fact, my husband almost had to catch DD2.  The doctor ran in, told me not to move (didn't even break down the bed), I pushed once, and out she came.  So, there are pros and cons to having two so close. 

No matter what, when you have two children, whether they be 11/12 months apart or 18mon/2years there are going to ups and downs.  You will be fine, you will be great, and well, you will be frazzled! :)- But, honestly, you will be great! GL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • OH! I would not live without my chiropractor!!!!!!!! Two consecutive days of being adjusted and I feel much better!!!
  • As you can see I'm in the same position as you are! My kids will be a year and about 2 weeks apart. I will honestly tell you to sleep like the PP said when the baby is sleeping. Try to get the baby used to playing on their own and not needing mommy to entertain them. Some days it works for my DD but other days not so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"