Secondary IF

getting ready to throw in the towel -- things to look forward to!

We just completed another failed IUI cycle with injectibles. We are both coming to the conclusion that, after 2+ years of uncertainty, we just need to accept our fate and move on. In thinking this through, I realize there are a few short term benefits to ease the pain, if only a tiny bit:

I am looking forward to: 

- taking migraine medication

- taking allergy medication before I rip my nose off 

-going on the pill to manage my increasingly heavy periods

- enjoying a glass of wine after a sh!tty day ---- without thinking twice or feeling guilty 

- downsizing my giant SUV for a more sensible sedan

- sleeping until a normal time/ not waking up at 5 a.m. to get-it-on with an ultrasound wand or turkey baster as per IUI procedure

- quitting my volunteer part-time gig as spouse in charge of dealing with our sh!tty insurance and all of the redtape

- spending our non-existent 2nd child's non-existent college fund on a ridiculously, stupidly nice watch. like, cartier nice. Hell, we will be done with full-time daycare payments in a mere 9 months. I could buy two watches and still come out on top.

Besides coping wiht the severe detour/rerouting that our lives are taking, the above list doesn't sound so bad :) 

ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >

Re: getting ready to throw in the towel -- things to look forward to!

• i will also gain an office once we dismantle the nursery and get back my storage space after we give away the babies-r-us that is our attic...
    ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >
  • The list sounds pretty good, I am glad you are seeing the positive side.  I'm really sorry about the BFN though.  I know what you mean about having a mini babies r us in your house.  I get depressed any time I have to go to the basement storage room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Although I am sure that it is so difficult to move on as we are getting to that point as well, I think it is great that you are looking at things that you can do. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not quiiiite to the point you are, but getting there. We had started the adoption process, and now my DH just got laid off so everything is up in the air. We are still TTC but have agreed to call it quits in January 2012 ( a year after my m/c, which was after 14 months TTC...will be over 2 years total at that time).

To be honest, I'm not even sure how to quit trying. It's like I'm on auto-pilot.

We totally have a babies-r-us in our attic and it just makes me upset everytime I see it (and my son's crib which he slept in until last week when he decided he was a "big boy"). I actually just listed the stupid thing on Craigslist, along with a few other things.

I'm glad you can see the positives. I'm still pretty much a bitter, weepy mess, but I hope someday I can come out on the other side of this nightmare.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I'm feeling down, I think of these sort of things, too. This made me laugh and cry a little. Good luck to you!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • imagelillinzlou:
    When I'm feeling down, I think of these sort of things, too. This made me laugh and cry a little. Good luck to you!

Ditto.

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • I am right there with you. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.