Pregnant after 35
Options

huh. Didn't realize I was "elderly" :/

Just looked at the slip I got at my last Dr. appt.  It describes me as "elderly"!!  Indifferent

For crying out loud, I'm only 39!  I should be used to the whole AMA thing, I was 37 when I delivered DD and my doc said healthier than some mamas ten years younger!  I know, age ain't nothin' but a number, but jeez.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: huh. Didn't realize I was "elderly" :/

• Options

I totally know what you mean.  In a very light-hearted way I told my OB that if she muttered the words, "advanced age" or "geriatric" to me, I would have to leave.

Between the incompetent cervix, the hostile uterus, and calling women who actually get their lives together before having kids "elderly", there is a MAJOR marketing issue with obstetrics.

It is so offensive.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that happened.  Elderly?  Who the heck wrote that, your doctor?  I would be one unhappy customer.  I equate elderly with senior citizen, AARP, geriatic.  Give me a break, they make it sound like you have one food in the grave at 39!

I promise there will be hell to pay if I see those words written anywhere.  The only word allowed is mature.  That I can handle LOL.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elderly?  That's insane!!  They'd be really surprised if a TRUE elderly person came to their office and was pregnant.  Elderly.  Soo stupid!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    What!?! These days, that is absurd!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good grief, you're a whipper snapper.  I'll be 42 when the baby arrives.

My fear?

Being called the kid's grandmother in about five years. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You want to borrow my prison shank?  I already used it after the OB classified me as AMA.  I think she's learned her lesson... maybe you can use it to teach yours about the correct definition of "elderly".  WTF?  39 is soooooo far from elderly!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Oh I know. I know.

I had to laugh the other day at a friend that I had not seen during the summer, saw me. He was shocked that I was pregnant.

He  said " Congratulations I heard you were pregnant I just didn't know you could still have a baby. I mean I know that eventually you can't have anymore...." 

His wife was enjoying his discomfort. I tried hard not to laugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

Crazy whacked out doc's anyway seriously what do they know?   :(     We may be older by number but still we all have the minds of our younger counter parts! ;)  AND... we are wiser to boot!    You ladies are a hoot! I love it!   This is sometimes one part that bothers me is age but only because so many like to think that having at child over 40 is crazy!!     We are just blessed with more miracles in our later years !! ;)

Koodos ladies!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll be 42 as well.  My OB told me that she actually had recently delivered a baby to a 52 year old mother.
  • Options
    I'm 37 and pregnant with twins just about 3 months before my wedding. My husband's 25. We get lots of inappropriate comments about my age vs. his and my age vs. twins...bleh I can't be bothered to care.
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins in February 2012!!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"