April 2011 Moms
Options

Adjusted to your new life?

I was just wondering how everyone is handling the adjustment to being a mom and all of the changes that have been made or changes that are still in progress. 

For me , I feel like time has flown by and I wish things would slow down so I can enjoy my son before he gets any bigger. As a first time Mom; I am starting to feel more comfortable with my new life. I must say some things did come as a big shock. Especially fatugue! 

Re: Adjusted to your new life?

• Options

My friend and I were discussing this last night.  I still have moments were I think "Ha I'm a MOM!!" It's weird to me. I also have moments when I think "Oh my goodness, I have to be the person that thinks about feeding solids, preschool, raising a good human being..." It sometimes is a little overwhelming.  I also feel like it is all going to fast.  Jack will be 6 months old next week and I don't know how that happened. 

But as far as our lifestyle is concerned, I easily adapted to living our life with our baby.  My husband has not yet so much.  But he's working on it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm amazed how natural it feels to me.  The time since Chase was born has flown by, but at the same time, I feel like I have been his Mom forever.  He sleeps great, so that has helped.  I've been dubbed a Hippy Mom by some of my friends because I am lucky enough to be able to EBF him, and we use cloth diapers, which I find hilarious.  I can't think of a single thing I would change about my wonderful new life.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm more adjusted. I was the first of my friends to have a baby and the initial loss of freedom was hard. I realized quickly that I needed "mom friends." I still sometimes miss aspects of my pre-baby life but I definitely get much less flustered when LO cries or screams.

I also can't believe how old she is. I constantly check out newborns and got a little teary eyed in the bassinet section of Babies R Us the other day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LOL!! You Hippie! We also get the side eye for Cloth Diapering, Baby Wearing and...

Now Baby Led Solids?? What my Texas Born and Raised in laws think I am also a quirky hippie!

• Options

The only adjustment I have made was staying home.  I have older children so I have been doing the mom thing for 20 years.  It has been a big adjustment to have quit work.  We lowered our cable channels got rid of our higher end cell phone, and I don't have fun money like I use too.  When I raised my other girls in a city so everything was easy to get to with in a few minuets now I live in the country and it takes 20 mins to get to any big store then you go to all of them so you end up gone ALL day.  Also this is my first time raising a baby up north so I will be adjusting to like in the winter with an infant.

I feel I know a lot more now then when I did as a younger mom.  I raise Olivia the same as I did my other DDs but since I have been a mom for 20 years things come easier this time around. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I feel like I have finally fallen in to it. I will say it has been much more difficult than I ever thought it would be. I always knew I wanted to very best for my children but I didn't realize how hard that might be.

I was telling DH it is not weird that I have a baby but it feels more weird that I was pregnant and am not anymore. Don't know why that feels so odd to me.

• Options

I am doing that too. I am someone's Mom now! I am excited and scared at the same time. I am learning to not worry so much and let my instincts take over. It was very difficult returning to work and only seeing him for a few hours a day but I am working on accepting that and being okay with it. It's getting better each day.

Isn't it amamzing how much they grow???

• Options

I have adjusted to being a new mother pretty well in a sense that my son is well taken care of :)

BUT...trying to balance working, cleaning and baby has been something that I have been struggling with since I went back to work in July.  I am an auditor and it's currently my busy season so I have been working 60-70 hour weeks since the first week I came back.  It has been stressful and I'm ready to rip my hair out.  I have another 1.5 months of this crap and I'm so ready for it to be over with!  I think once I get back to working normal hours then the balance won't be so bad.  But until then...dishes will remain in the sink, laundry will only be done in despiration (aka...DH doesn't have any underwear to wear) and the house will only be cleaned if visitors are coming over.

Phewf..I needed to get that off my chest.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I feel sooo much more sane/normal now that the school year has started and I'm back to work *with a schedule*. I'm still nervous about keeping up with grading, but I'm working on being more disciplined at work.

The whole staying at home thing was making me into someone I didn't like...or know.

Now, my goal is to get up at 6 or 6:30 every day, go to the gym, get to the office at 9, have a pumping schedule depending on my classes, then get home to Liam (and go back to work when I have night classes)....and get to bed by 10 or 10:30, which is tough on the nights I teach until 8 p.m.

I felt sort of aimless and depressed staying at home Sad I feel like I'm in a groove now Big Smile

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    I was adjusted, but I started a new job last week that has me commuting an hour each way.  Now I'm adjusting again and she's still not sleeping through the night....
    075 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think I have adjusted pretty good.  Since my LO does STTN I think that really helps.  I am getting better at trusting my own instincts & my gut when it comes to caring for Giselle.  I don't get much me time but I guess that is to be expected.

• Options
    We are still adjusting. It has been hard for us because we both work full time and have had zero help. We've been on the daycare waiting list for almost a year and every other daycare in town is full. We finally found someone on care.com and she started yesterday and it went really well. I feel like we're finally turning a corner.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCTGirl30:

It's also amazing to watch DD grow and learn and develop new skills. She's pretty fun to watch and fascinating to me.

So true! Things have been hard up to this point but that doesn't mean we don't also sit there at the end of the day and say, "Oh, I miss DS. He's so cute. Let's go snuggle him." and the other person goes, "Yeah, he is ridiculously adorable. I love him so much. Don't you dare wake him up." :)  Exhausting but wonderful.

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think we're finally starting to find our groove, between moving, baby, work (promotion = more responsibility), school and side internships it?s been a lot. Thankfully, we?re making it work and LO is a good sport, for which I?m gratefulJ.

I do still have moments when I question how it was approved for me to have a child. Despite being 31, I often don?t feel ?old? enough to be in charge of a precious life.

All that being said, I can?t imagine life without the fat little legs I get to kiss every day.

• Options

At the risk of sounding snotty and ridiculous... I think I was meant to do this.  I left my 9-5 to stay home and literally love every second of every day.  I planned and waited a long time to be a mom (well, not that long, i'm still in my 20's... but I had plenty of newlywed time, etc.)

I am having the hardest time adjusting physically. I'm out of shape and he's getting HEAVY!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"