Secondary IF
Options

First IVF= BFN, have some questions with Male Fertility being our primary issue.

I just got my period. Yesterday I had my beta drawn, which I knew was going to be negative. I go next Monday for my WTF appt. I had 21 eggs. 14 fertilized with ICIS. And then we only had two left after the five day transfer. None to freeze. They transfered two that did not make it to the blast stage, classifed as compacted. My husband has low sperm count and morphology issues. Could this be the reason why our embryos did not grow. Or could it be the eggs where bad quality. How long do they usually want you to wait til you can do it again? We travel three hours to our doctor, so this has really been exhausting. Our fifth anniversary was the retrival so I for sure thought it was going to be positive!

Re: First IVF= BFN, have some questions with Male Fertility being our primary issue.

• Options
    I don't have any answers but I'm sorry that you are going through this. From what I konw, you can usually start another IVF cycle right away but I don't have experience in it. Good luck to you!
    IUI #5 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI 10/15 = BFP

Beta #1 27 (13 dpo) Beta #2 143 (16 dpo) Beta #3 436 (19 dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I don't really know too much about IVF but just wanted to say sorry for the BFN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry.

We have MFI and a bunch of other issues-I have a bad tube, thyroid disease, clotting disorder, etc.  We did IVF with ICSI got 9 eggs, 3 fertilized, transferred two day 3.  The third one didn't make it to freeze.  I had two sacs and one heart bet last week.  yesterday we had one sac and one heartbeat.  

My Re has you wait two months to try again. 

We were concerned with how few eggs fertilized.  My doctor reassured us that we only need one good one and that was all it took.  He told us before we did IVF that he thought we had poor sperm and egg quality and that was why I had so many m/cs.  It's possible you have the same thing.

I hope the next cycle is it for you.  Have you looked into doing PGD?  we were advised to do it if this cycle didn't work. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can not answer any questions about low sperm count and such, but as a fellow IVFER, I can tell you that my RE allows you to do another IVF cycle as soon as you get AF and if everything looks good on your day 3 ultra sound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"