Pregnant after 35

XP from SAIF:Combined results back from Quad screen & NT

Heard from our Genetic counselor this morning.  Our age-based risk for DS was 1:58 (I'm 40), and after the initial quad screen and NT scan, went to 1:4,000 for Down's and 1:3,900 for Trisomy 18. Very pleased.  Hoping my sequential screen in a few wks returns similar results, so I can feel confident about avoiding any further/more intrusive testing.  :) 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP from SAIF:Combined results back from Quad screen & NT

• I'd say you are in the clear.  congrats, those are great numbers!  I wasn't worried about my NT scan/sequential screen until I saw your age based risk at 1:58...I'm 40 too.  Not a nice number to be sure, but I have a good feeling about this lo and I know the good Lord will not give me more than I can handle.
  • Great news! Glad to hear it :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I know, benoit - only so much we can do to influence our #s in the 40+ club, I suppose.  I think the chart they'd initially shown me showed baseline for my "delivery age" (41)  was something like 1:42.  Crazy they even use delivery age, considering if a chromosomal abnormality is present, it is going to be present well before delivery. :/

And I'm with your way of thinking, re: the Good Lord.  :)

• Excellent results. Great news.

• That is great news! Congrats on being able to breathe easy :-)
  • Congrats on the good results.  I went through the amnio with my last son due to some poor results from the NT scan and it was not pleasant.  I really hope to avoid that this time.
  • Great news - Fabulous results!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"