LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday

You know you want to...
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• Options

1) I am going to IN this weekend to visit my bestie and her baby (well almost two year old)!

2) Thinking about packing for me and Ky for the weekend makes my head hurt.

3) I think I pulled a muyscle yesterday at the gym, my shoulder is killing me!

4) I am pretty sure I failed my bloodwork on Friday. According to the lab my doctor should have it today....why is my appointment NEXT Wednesday??

5) I am hoping they call if I did fail.....

6) My mom works in a test market store and they have a firecracker chicken salad right now....DW and I decided it was worth the 20 minute drive to get them for dinner last night. SO YUMMY!

7) I always decorate for fall/Halloween but all of my decorations are in my MIL's basement...and I feel like it is such a waste to go get them for a few weeks.

8) So I bought a few new sets of window clings and a cheap mat for the kitchen.

9) Ky thinks the mat is the greatest thing ever and likes to sit on it and rock her baby. She tells the dogs "no" and "don" when they come near her mat.

10) The weather for this weekend looks downright chilly!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. I finally had a chance to read the weekend updates and am sad that so many people had not so great ones. :(
    2. The worst for us this weekend was that Peanut learned how to open the bedroom doors (and taught her brother) and she also taught herself how to get through the child-safety locks on the drawers...Indifferent
    3. 2brides--I hope L is okay and things go well. (If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.)
    4. We didn't get the DVR over the weekend but we got it last night...we had quite the time getting the Kiddos to take naps on Saturday.
    5. Another government shutdown averted...what the h3ll does that mean when the same a$$holes are still in "control" of the budget?
    6. I just realized that I am in a pissy mood...C isn't here with me at work...the Kiddos weren't happy that C wasn't in the van with us and cried most of the way to school (and we were in stop and go traffic)....and I am so behind in laundry. That barely taps the reasons for my mood...I am leaving the worst out!
    7. My Fantasy Football team had the lowest score in our league this week...OUCH!
    8. I really should be working, I really should be working, I really should be working, I really should be working, I really should be working, I really should be working, I really should be working...
    9. C bought the Kiddos a little tent/tunnel and had it set up for them before they came home from school yesterday...they LOVED it!
    10. I haven't said this lately............I LOVE my DW!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. I can't believe it is still muggy here. It's almost October. Stop being muggy.

2. Jen's company is having their annual conference this week. Her job is to stand at the registration booth for 11 hours and check bags. Not sure why the director of HR gets to do this job instead of a temp. She was exhausted last night.

3. I deleted my FB account on Friday. I miss it, but I was tired of keeping up with the privacy settings, and it's about to get a whole lot harder.

4. I also realized that I actually care about maybe 40-45 of my 200 "friends," and didn't really need to share with the rest of them.

5. Today is a bummer day at work: my least favorite committee meets this morning, and this afternoon is a retirement party for someone I will greatly miss.

6. This month's cookbook club party is exclusively pumpkin or maple recipes. YUMMY!

7. I've been listening to Leonard Cohen's I'm Your Man on repeat. I love that song.

8. The baby has a heart, y'all. The tiniest heart that ever was a heart, so small it doesn't even really have chambers yet. I'm amazed and so excited.

9. I finally threw away a pair of work pants I've worn to every job I've had since 2003. They still looked nice BUT the hems were frayed and there was no room to repair them, and hidden safety pins were holding a few key seams together. It was time, but I sure did reach for them this morning before I remembered they were gone. Stick out tongue 

10. We don't eat beef very often, but I made steak with gorgonzola butter a few nights ago. OMG. Still thinking about it.

• Options

1.  I was up all night with contractions and now I am absolutely exhausted.  I can't figure out if I should go back to bed or work on the house to be sure I sleep well tonight.

2.  And I have a craptastic headache.

3.  But it is exciting to have such intense contractions!!

4.  We had the car seat installed yesterday... I can't believe I am going to have a baby.

5.  Did I mention I am exhausted?

6.  Our house is from the 1800's and the basement is one of those original dirt/stacked rock get-ups (complete with original horseshoes hanging for good luck - for real).  The old chiminey runs up from the basement and beside the nursery closet on the second floor and when it rains A LOT the nursery smells musty which makes me insane.  So Sunday I tore the whole closet out to check for mold and mildew (are they the same thing?) (there was none!!) and now I am in the process of insulating it with thick plastic, foam and re-drywalling it.  Did I mention my due date is in 10 days?

7.  And that the baby will probably never step foot into into the nursery until it is like 6?  :)  At least I have time...

8.  To finish insulating it or to go to bed..

9.  I dropped off Henry's used needles to the animal hospital yesterday and took one step inside and lost it.  When I got home there was a card in the mail from Mandy offering her condolences.  Thank-you so much, Mandy... your timing is impeccable.

10.  ...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. My mom is flying into San Diego this morning to stay a week with my brother.  We are going to visit later today and I am really nervous, I haven't seen her in 7 years and our relationship has been rocky/non-existent since I was a kid.

2. We are signing Izzie's adoption paperwork on 10/11!  We should have our court date confirmed by the end of the month, I hope the CW gets us in for the special adoption day on November 18th.

3. I had a salted caramel mocha last night, it was delicious.

4. I would love another one right now.

5. I was talking to J about horses the other day and she said she didn't think we could afford one (trailer, vet, farriers, etc.), I hope she reconsiders.

6. I hope our tax returns are a good chunk of money, that will be our down payment for the house/farm.

7. We need a sound machine in our bedroom, J keeps turning the AC on for noise which is making our electric bill high.

8. Our local cloth diaper store announced that they carry Kawaii's now, I want to go check them out!

9. We are almost in October and still having 90+ degree weather.  Mother Nature, please let it cool down.

10. I need to exercise.  What happened to the weekly exercise post?

• Options

1. TWWing is hard.  Every twinge is a sign!

2. All my talk abt Broadway for Mandy makes me really want to see a show.  We haven't in a while due to trying to save money, but maybe we need to splurge.

3. It's really sad to say goodbye to clients as I transition to my new job.

4. DW and I made an apple pie - yum!!  Then we ate slices of it for dinner last night, oops.

5.  Is it bad that I'm consoling myself with the fact that I can drink all the diet pepsi I want for a while if it's a BFN?

6.  We went to a local support group for lesbians ttc last week, and there was a really annoying social worker guest speaker who didn't seem to know anything about specific LGBT issues.

7.  Salted caramel hot chocolate is yum.

8. I'm so glad we got a final beach day for this season.  Closure is good.

9. I'm sorry that so many of you had bad weekends.  But I'm excited for leapgirl's baby's heartbeat and Mandy's NYC trip and Jean's contractions and all the other exciting news!

10. Seriously, every twinge. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    imageleapgirl8:

8. The baby has a heart, y'all. The tiniest heart that ever was a heart, so small it doesn't even really have chambers yet. I'm amazed and so excited.

Aw, yay for a heart!

imageleapgirl8:

10. We don't eat beef very often, but I made steak with gorgonzola butter a few nights ago. OMG. Still thinking about it.

That sounds delish and now I'm hungry!! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options

1. Daisy will not sleep. Operation "no more nighttime bottles" is a big fat fail.  I'm exhausted and DW and I are at each other's throats. 

2. I need something stronger than eye cream for these bags under my eyes.  Does botox work in that area?

3.  I'm kind of serious about #2.

4. I'm anxious about Sprout remembering to take the bus to daycare after his half day at school today (ususally DW picks him up).

5.  Having DW work less hours is SO MUCH BETTER.  but she doesnt think so since it makes her time at work more stressed and busy.

6. i wish things were reversed so i could be the one to cut back hours.  I'd take that deal happily in a hot minute.

7. I love my kids and having 3, but i cant wait for the day when we can go somewhere and not feel like we are a tornado whipping through. 

8. Being so tired and crabby makes it hard to stick to healthy eating.

9. We've been doing a good job cutting back our eating out. So thats a win.

10. Tomorrow Sprout will go to daycare, then school, then back to daycare, then to visit with his mom, and after all that, will be expected to sit nicely for dinner and socialize with family for Rosh Hashanah.  ha! I told DW under no uncertain terms that I'm driving seperately and will make a quick exit with the kids if needed.

• Options

Leap - yay for a heartbeat!!

Jean - you are crazy with these home improvements.  seriously crazy.  I'm so excited for how close you are!

• Options

1. Its crazy that so many people had rough weekends.  :-(  Hope things look up for everyone soon.

2. Travis agreed to the open house party, which got me all excited... but it hasn't gotten the response I thought it would so far, and now I'm feeling really sad and lonely. 

3. I wish you guys were closer so I could invite you!

4. I worked extra late last night, so I get to start late today. Plus I'm working from home. So we got to wake up a bit later, which was nice. 

5. I had all sorts of plans for what I was going to do with my extra time this morning, but instead I fell back into bed until 9:30, got up and ate something, then ran to the grocery store. Now I'm about to start working and feel a little guilty that I didn't get anything done around the house. I guess there's always lunchtime.

6. Speaking of which, I got distracted by work stuff and now its 12! 

7. Guess my day is going to fly, which is fine with me. Lets see if I can finish this quick so I can run downstairs and get some food. 

8. I have to call today at 4:30 to see if I need to report for jury duty tomorrow. I hope I don't have to for the silliest reason... I just finished book 3 in a four part series I'm reading, I don't know where book 4 is and I don't want to start a different one! LOL.

9. I'm so paranoid that Gwen is going to dislocate her elbow again... :-( 

10. Well I guess I'm going to go grab some food, then put away Gwen's laundry... then I can at least feel like I did something around the house! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

• Options
    1.  I have so much correcting to do and just realized progress reports go out next week...crap.
    2. DW is really enjoying her internship but is so worthless when she gets home.  She told me last night she now understands why I am so tired when I get home from school.  This is not translating into us working together when we both get home to get things done.  This is unfortunate.  I am letting her adjust and then she needs get over it.
    3. Tuesdays....I hate tuesdays. It is a short day for the kids and then meetings after school.
    4. To top it off I am tutoring after the meetings.  Can anyone say take out???
    5. I need to be more positive so here it goes.
    6. Sunday night I prepped some craft projects for E to do when we get home from daycare.  We painted leaves and pumpkins.  I worked out very well.
    7. E is loving the stuff I got her for her sensory bin but I need to put it in the water table because right now we have a kiddy pool in our living room.  We look kind of low class with that one.
    8. Ella figured out how to jump last night (with two feet).  I am so excited.  It was a milestone she was just not picking up.
    9. One of my favorite classes just walked in.
    10. One more class to teach then an assembly!
      Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    11. Options
      Aww, thank you so much :) I do want to clarify that we haven't heard a heartbeat - our ultrasound (where we hope to hear it, or at least see it) is on Oct. 6. I'm just basing my heart-excitement on the developmental timeline. Can't imagine how ridiculous I'm going to be when we actually see this little guy/gal in there! Big Smile
    12. Options

1. I'm sorry everyone had such a bad weekend!  I wish I could invite you all over for tea.

2.  Does anyone know somebody serving overseas in the military?  I have a box of cookies that needs a good home!

3.  I'm so excited about our trip but I'm nervous about how soon it is and how little planning I have done!  Thank you all for your input and advice- priceless!

4.  It will totally make my year to meet any of you gals and your families!

5.  I have been doing more research about adoption again.  I found an agency that I really like (and it's just down the road).  I just want a family!  I don't care how it happens.  Someone give me a kid.

6.  Jean- you have more energy at 38 weeks pregnant than I do right now!  It just isn't right! 

7.   I could nap.  Or watch TV.  I'm with TMM.  I watch WAY too much TV. 

8.  I love Adele.

9.   Where's Mrs._F?

10.  There was a U2 song on the radio the other day and my mom asked, "Is this Rusted Root?"  ????  She's cute.

13. Options
      imagessg73:
      1. E is loving the stuff I got her for her sensory bin but I need to put it in the water table because right now we have a kiddy pool in our living room.  We look kind of low class with that one.
      hilarious!!
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
    14. Options

1. I just had a long lunch with other staff members at my organization. We genuinely enjoy one another's company and choose to spend time together when we could be off doing our own thing! I'm really lucky.

2. I found out yesterday I'm getting a community development award. I'm SO happy! I do work hard, and it's really cool to be recognized.

3. J is growing SO fast. I'm having a hard time adjusting. I blink, and he does something new! I'm so afraid I'll miss stuff.

4. I really need coffee right now - I'm about to fall asleep. Which brings me to:

5. Jean, where DO you get all this energy?

6. I have to work on two proposals today, and the board isn't helping. Smile

7. K and I are having some issues adjusting to different parenting styles. I know we'll figure it out, but right now it's bumming me out. Which leads me to:

8. Chocolate. I want chocolate to drown my sorrows. And a margarita, too, but not at the same time. Smile

9. I can't wait to see the photographer's photos of J's first birthday... She said they'd be done in 2-3 weeks, so it will be, at best, five more days.

10. Ok, off to work on the proposals. Smile

15. Options
      imagemandykatie:

8.  I love Adele.

Deetoh! The girl sings her heart out. E has taken to singing along to "Someone Like You" when it comes on the radio. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. My little girl has not yet known such heartache...but it is pretty darn cute hearing her try to hit the high notes and figure out the lyrics.

1. I am also sorry so many of you lovely ladies had such crappy weekends, I hope this week turns out to be better.

2. I left home a bit earlier than usual this morning and it took me 1/2 hour longer to get here. How does that math work???

3. My sleep has been crappy as of late. Bleah.

4. Last night a friend forwarded me a text like one of those chain emails that says you must forward to 15 people in 15 minutes or you'll have bad luck in love for the next year. I didn't forward the text.

5. This morning E had the hardest time waking up. Returning from her dad's is always an adjustment. Sigh.

6. I took E to pajama storytime at the library last night. She was SO excited it has started up again, she was jumping like crazy when I told her we were going.

7. My parents are coming to visit this weekend. It will probably be a good time, but exhausting.

8. I am so excited that Chely.Wright's documentary is going to be playing at our LGBT film fest on a day that I can go. Can't wait to see it!

9. I need to get better about bringing my lunch to work.

10. Time to get back to work!

16. Options

1. I love the idea of a GTG but I'm not 100% sure how exactly to tell C how much time I spend online. I think she kind of knows but I'm still all awkward about it Embarrassed

2. My new office has a door Yes, but no window No. I didn't know until 30 min ago it is not, in fact, raining today.

3. The babies are giants. Pushing 8 and 9 lbs. I cannot conceptualize a normal sized newborn now.

4. I got a dress on clearance from Boden and am in love and want more. and a sweater to go with it. Except I'm not suppossed to be buying clothes till Black Friday.

5. And I'm supposed to lose 10-20 lbs first. As usual.

6. Failboat. I need to get my act together. This is a theme for me and I don' twant to make it one for the babies.

7.  I hate the dark mornings.

8. I miss rugby. mostly I miss game day, travel, and waking up spent on Sunday. I don't miss practice one tiny bit.

9. I have done zero on my dissertation since my LOA was approved in May. I'm supposed ot defend my proposal in Jan. Indifferent

10. The crossfit workout tonight looks awesome.

17. Options

Butterfly - YAHOO for 10 /11 exciting

Jean- 10 DAY count down and yoru drywalling WHA???

Kersh-2ww is nuts and i think makes everyone crazy -and yes every twinge im on the edge of my seat for you !!!!!!!

Leap- aww the little flicker made me cry too !!!!  its crazy how much you can love them already !

CT- we have sleep issues too ACK  and we have two tinys and we are like a tornado as well  YIKES

Meegs- I wish we were all closer also !!!!!!

1) Babies are not digging the baby wise schedule - why are we even tryingthis anyway ?

2) Melanies maternity leave is over next week - makes me sad but thank goodness that we work from home- hiering a friend to be our nanny but with this new baby wise schedule they girls will only be AWAKE for an hour during her 5 hours?

3) I wish my parents did not leave but its exhausting when they come 

4)I got a ipod touch early anniversary gift from my parents  anyone have free apps they reccomened.

5) only 15 more lbs and I will be in the ONE HUNDREDS damn - I think i weighed 100 something when i was 12...

6)CANT WAIT TILL HALLOWEEN  its our FAV   

7) our halloween costume is the girls will be baby cows ( VEAL) I will be a butcher and Melanie is going to be a PETA protester with a sign that says something -  HAHAH i think funny - WE ARE SO  weird!

8) ROSH Hashana shoot was a success and  cards are done and out ... I'll post a sample as soon as M uploads them 

9)I need to eat more protein and drink more protein and take my vitamins

10) Damn its only 12:22PM here CRAP ....

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
    18. Options

1. I haven't read the weekend updates but it sounds like a group hug is in order.

2. Pandora had a fever of 105.8 last week. I was terrified. DW took her to the ER and I tried not to throw up from fear.

3. I am looking forward to Rosh Hashanah dinner with my family but I am already tired just thinking about chasing Pandora all over. The house is really not kid friendly. Better wear my running shoes!

4. I am so hungry but have lost my taste for everything. Nothing sounds good to me anymore. Has that ever happened to you?

5. There is a weird beeping coming from the garage and I cannot figure out what it is!

6. I am trying to reign in my menu for Pandora's party but it's not working. I want it to be perfect.

7. LMC's assesment is under a month away.  I need some answers in the worst way.

8. I don't think my FB has changed. I don't have a news ticker thingy. Is this good or bad? I  hate that I am missing updates.

9. Starbucks needs to deliver or be like the ic cream truck and cruise down the street. I need the peppermint-chocolately goodness today.

10. I see homemade challah in my kids future.  I am itching to bake today.

19. Options
      imageDuchess1:

7. LMC's assesment is under a month away.  I need some answers in the worst way.

Its getting so close... fingers crossed!

imageDuchess1:

10. I see homemade challah in my kids future.  I am itching to bake today.

Mmm.... you know my address if you have any leftovers!!  :-) 

20. Options
      imagemandykatie:

9.   Where's Mrs._F?

*waves* I'm here, I'm here! Just not getting a chance to post much. Henry requires a lot these days - raging separation anxiety, holy mother of goodness. Plus I'm prepping for a big trip. Just busy bee as usual, and not getting computer time.

Oh, and while in NYC - go to Greenwich Village.  The restaurants, the gays - don't miss it! Smile  Go to this place: https://www.sweetrevengenyc.com/ So cute and fun, and there is more in that general area.

Mrs._F
      sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

21. Options

1. Jean--you put me to shame! I can barely keep up with my projects, and there is no baby growing in my belly!

2. Our little one could be coming in 4 days.... or in 4 months.  

3. I just ordered a bunch of cloth diapers--should be here soon.  

4. This is rude, I know, but I peeked at our registry.  (we're having a shower with L's side this weekend).  Nothing more has been purchased.  I am very curious. 

5. Babyproofing--I am behind on that.  It's not going well in our 100 year old house, and I just stopped.

6. We wrote a list of questions for when the social worker calls.  There's a copy in my purse, my office at work, L's purse, L's work, and our fridge.  

7. The last thing on the list is "Can I have your phone number--let me call you back in 15 minutes."  In 24 point font.

8. Gram told me she "has been thinking of names for our little one." And actually told me a really good one. I told her--actually, if we name the baby it will be after you. Tears.

9. That's all :)

10. I'm kind of checked out today.

22. Options

I'm late but technically it's still Tuesday so here I go.

1. Work event over.

2. Saw Bill Clinto speak today.

3.  Number 2 was fasinating.  I'd like to write my thoughts down but need some time to process them.

4. Concert this weekend!

5. Concert with CT!!

6. CT is probably going to disown me as a friend after I hype this thing up all week and then the actual concert is a let down.

7. I *need* this concert.

8. I just wish the concert wasn't on a Sunday so I could enjoy a beer too many.

9. Please note that I only drink beer at country concerts.

10. CT - in your honor I might wear the cowboy hat that I had signed by Carrie Underwood ;-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    23. Options
      imageTwo*True:

10. CT - in your honor I might wear the cowboy hat that I had signed by Carrie Underwood ;-)

yes! which would be funny because the last concert I saw was jessica simpson at the same arena...and you know those are my 2 top ladies Wink

and now you're probably going to disown me as a friend for admitting that, lol.

24. Options

1. This is my first TTT on a Wednesday

2. Yesterday was just chaotic from spending our last day in Maine, flying home, dinner taking forever, and getting the kids to bed late.

3. We really did have a good time in Maine - but we missed L. She would have LOVED it. Perfect weather, lots of time in and around the water, lots of lighthouses, and relaxing.

4. This was my view at lunch yesterday. Sitting on a picnic table in 72 degree weather. Not bad, huh?

5. I wasn't at work for 2 days and my phone says I had 40 missed calls. I am praying that doesn't translate into 40 messages.

6. I haven't been at work for 2 days and I am doing this instead of working.

7. I am working 1 full week during the month of October. Other than that, I am working anywhere from 1-4 days (of course some of those days I am traveling for work - but I am still not here!) :)

8.  We are taking the kids to the awesome fall festival this weekend. L's company is holding their company picnic there so it is free! YIPPEEE! My kids LOVE it! (for the local - Cox Farms in Centreville, VA - totally worth the drive if you have kids!)

9.  my ILs are coming on saturday and saying for  6 nights. I totally appreciate them coming (they are coming to help out during L's surgery) but the boys' room becomes the guest room and the kids move into our room. UGH.

10. I am already planning our summer vacation to New England (NH or Maine) for next summer! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "