Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

another napping question..

We've started struggling with nap time the past couple of weeks.  DD seems to fight naps during the day and often I have to nurse her to sleep.  I don't really want this to become a habit because she starts at daycare in 3 weeks.  We were trying to only swaddle at night so there is a day/night difference, but maybe that's not a good idea?  Usually she naps in her swing but most of the time I have to put her in it already asleep, otherwise she gets upset.  I've tried laying her in her crib to put herself to sleep, but she usually just lays in there for about 20 minutes or so and then starts to get upset.  I try to put her down after an hour, hour and a half.  Sometimes she fall asleep in my arms only to wake herself up crying and uncomfortable.  Maybe it's gas?  Any advice is welcome! 

I'm mostly concerned about her starting daycare.  I can get her down eventually and she'll nap for 1-2 hours at a time.  I'm just worried that when she starts daycare she won't nap and thus will stop sleeping well at night because she'll be overtired.  Am I worrying about this too soon?  If you LO are in daycare did they have trouble adjusting?  Thanks, ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: another napping question..

• Options
    I actually have the same issues with my LO and will be starting daycare in 2 weeks.  I'm curious as well to see what other people have done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also only wanted to swaddle LO for night time sleeping, but I discovered today that if I swaddle LO, she will nap in her crib. I plan on doing this for as long as it works. The only thing is, though, I have heard that some daycare centers will not swaddle..  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekkasper13:
    I also only wanted to swaddle LO for night time sleeping, but I discovered today that if I swaddle LO, she will nap in her crib. I plan on doing this for as long as it works. The only thing is, though, I have heard that some daycare centers will not swaddle..  

I also wanted to save swaddling for night, but when LO started fighting naps a few weeks ago, it was the only way to get him to sleep. So now we swaddle for naps too... it can sometimes still be challenging to get him to fall asleep, but he stays asleep pretty well. And it didn't affect our nighttime sleep. If anything, he's sleeping better at night. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"