Food Allergy

Day 6 of Dr. Sears Elimination Diet

Hi Ladies,

My 5m old son has developed full body eczema and GI reactions over the past 3 months. The most alarming was last Monday, I found a lot of blood in his diaper. I immediately started Dr. Sears Elimination Diet and have been on it for the past 6 days.

His eczema is a lot better but his diarrhea continues and has gotten weird. It is more green with long strands of mucus and specks of blood. Could he be allergic to something in this elimination diet? I hope I'm not making it worse!

We go to the allergist tomorrow for the first time. I hope I'll be able to continue breastfeeding and eliminating suspect food. I dread the challenge of getting my baby to take a bottle and to accept disgusting alimentum formula.

I'm so concerned that he'll refuse the bottle and get dehydrated with all the diarrhea he's having.

Have any allergy tests suggestions that I should really press for at this initial appt? Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Day 6 of Dr. Sears Elimination Diet

• Have you been eating dairy (before starting the elimination diet)?  It took 3 weeks for dairy to get out of my LO's system, and I think other foods can take a while too.  I'd give it more time before moving on to formula.  GL!

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • like pp said- it can take a few weeks for everything to get out of your/your LO's system.  Once you start adding back in foods- do it slowly and keep a food diary that way you can more easily pinpoint any triggers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice! I've also read that green poo with blood can be due from an oversupply which I have. I hope I can figure out a solution. Oh and I did eliminate milk from my diet a month prior to starting this diet BUT I didn't eliminate hidden milk, like casein or whey protein.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"