Eco-Friendly Family

EF Cleaner for Granite?

I know that there are certain things you aren't supposed to use to clean granite countertops with.  Ours show TERRIBLE water spots if I just use a damp cloth.  I've been breaking down and using 409 Natural Stone cleaning spray and it's the only thing I've found to clean them with that doesn't leave a haze.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd love to use my usual vinegar/water/lemon oil solution, but I think I heard you can't use vinegar on granite.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: EF Cleaner for Granite?

• Have you tried using castile soap diluted with water in a spray bottle? 
  • Apparently no vinegar or acids as they can cause etching. I agree with Soyager, try a few drops of soap in a spray bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I use a small amount of dishsoap and water mix but about once a week I use the Method granite cleaner which makes my granite look great.

• Thanks ladies!  I'll try some Dr. B's.  I had no idea that Method made a granite cleaner!  I may try that too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FWIW we have the method granite and stainless cleaners and I really do not like them. They have a very strong smell and I always feel like I need to go back with soap and water to make sure that if any food gets on the counter that it doesn't get cleaner on it.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the Method and it contains coconut oil.  In my opinion, it works great with a damp cloth!  DH always says how much he likes the shiny counter after I clean with it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi, This is probably a bit late in coming, but here's 2c from a lurker: if you are getting water stains on your granite, it could be because it has lost it's coating of sealing. You can apply a coat of seal on the granite; this can be found at Home Depot/ Lowes. After you have sealed your granite properly, water and soap should be sufficient ingredients to keep the granite clean. I would suggest you stay away from vinegar or anything else acidic like PP suggested. I use water to clean my granite countertop and wash it with a mild soap solution (dish detergent/ regular hand soap will do too) about twice a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"