Baby Showers

WWYD?

First of all, let me say that I was not expecting a second shower at all.  Its fairly common in my circle of friends, but I'm still a little uncomfortable with it.   With that said, a friend of mine asked if she could throw me a shower.  I was surprised and thankful, and we agreed to keep it small since I just had a kid 3.5 years ago, and we're Team Green on this one, so buying clothes is really challenging.  Besides diapers and wipes, there's just not much I need.

Anyway, that was a month ago, and 2 weeks ago in a FB exchange she said she hoped we could find a date that worked for everyone.  I let her know about the only date I had something else going on and left it at that.  Since then, nothing from her, but 2 other friends in our circle have asked if they could throw one.  I told them I thought X was planning something (we're all friends, so they could get with her if they wanted to).   

My real issue is that I only have 6 weekends left until I have the baby, and we want to plan some things to do as a family to make the most of our time until baby gets here and life gets crazy again. I've also taken one weekend job, and have leads of a few more.  I don't want to plan for a weekend away (or take a job), and then have that be the date she's planning on, but on the other hand I really don't want to be like "so when's my shower"--because seriously, I'd really be ok if there wasn't one.  I'm super thankful that she even offered...I'd just kind of like to plan my life too.  Thoughts?

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11

Re: WWYD?

• I'd contact her and ask if she was still planning on hosting the shower and if she's picked a date yet because you want to schedule some other events.  Obviously, approach her in a positive way.  I don't think there's anything wrong with being up front.  It's your shower and you should be in the loop.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSBattert:
    I'd contact her and ask if she was still planning on hosting the shower and if she's picked a date yet because you want to schedule some other events.  Obviously, approach her in a positive way.  I don't think there's anything wrong with being up front.  It's your shower and you should be in the loop.

This. I don't think there is anything wrong with following up with her. Just ask casually and maybe mention you wanted to verify with her the date of the shower because you are planning x on x date and want to make sure the dates don't overlap.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with the other pps. 
  • i'd just contact her and say something nice and simple "have you decided on a date yet, as i'd like to plan other events for the fall"

i don't think asking what day she is planning is being rude in any way. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"