C-sections

healing after RCS

I had a planned c/s with DD due to her being breech. The recovery was hard the first few days, but I made myself remain active and I feel like after a week and a half that I was doing okay.

We are considering having an RCS with this LO (even though doc said I'm a good candidate for a VBAC if I choose) and I'm wondering if the healing process for #2 is harder than the first?

Anyone have experience with this? I'm sure this question has probably already been asked, so sorry for a repeat! Thanks! 

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image `

Re: healing after RCS

• I am also wondering the same thing... I find out either way in the next few days! Haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like my second c-section recovery was much easier pain-wise.  I was definitely up and moving at 10 days postpartum because DH was back to work and I was home alone with a newborn and a 23 month old.  I almost wonder if it hurt less because a lot of the nerves were already cut through (do they grow back)?  Who knows... but for me the second surgery and recovery was easier.  I'm hoping that this c-section, my third, will go just as well... Good luck to you!
    Jen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in a lot less pain the second time around. The first time was really hard on me, and it took longer to heal. This time my healing was cut in half, and I feel great!

I think it depends on the person, though. 

GL! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Every recovery is different. My first was great! 2nd c-section was AWFUL! 3rd was good. Now I'm hoping for a good 4th and finally one. Good luck in your decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine was just as easy, if not easier than my first. I was able to walk to and from the NICU without too much discomfort within 24 hours and felt about 90% when I left the hospital.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine has been way easier w/ #2, BUT I went through 34 hours of labor and dilated to 10, pushed for 2 hours before C/S w/ DS1.  I think that had a lot to do w/ the recovery being so insane.  I basically did both.  DS2 was planned and I was back to running at 6 weeks pp. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"