Secondary IF

No AF post-BCP??

I've been off BCP now for a year and a half and still have not gotten my period. Anyone experience or know of anyone who have had the same problem?

I have tried provera to induce a period and get a withdrawal bleed, but it doesn't trigger my AF. We've tried clomid, tamoxifen, and IVF with no success. Have been taking Chinese Herbs for 2 months and still no AF!

Me 27 ~ DH 29
PCOS amenorrhea/anovulatory
TTC #1 since Jan 2010
IVF 6/2011: ended in chem preg.
10/2011 Metformin
Ovarian Drilling/Laparoscopy 11/2011: Removed Endometriosis, Uterus Septum Removal, Cyst Removal, Ovarian Drilling
12/2011: Provera, 50mg Clomid, Metformin ->Cancelled
2/2012 IVF + Metformin + Acupuncture

Re: No AF post-BCP??

• Hello!  I never got AF after coming off BCPs back in college.  Honestly, I blame BCPs for many of my issues now.  I was on them so early on my AF never got a chance to regulate itself.  Then when I came off, my body had no clue what to do.  I may have had issues anyway, but I strongly feel that the BCPs made the issues worse.  I don't know about not getting AF though - I always responded to Provera, Aygestin and the natural progesterone (totally blanking on the name - can someone help me out???).  Have you tried anything other than the provera for the withdrawl bleed?  Are you seeing an RE?  Do they know how thick/what contion your lining is in?  I wish I had some answers for you!  GL!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • My last post might have been a bit confusing.. I do in fact get a withdrawal bleed (period) from Provera, but I never get another one the next month.  So basically, I take provera for 7 days and then 3 days later I get a period, but never another one the next month.   I was seeing a RE, but I really didn't like him.. he never gave me a diagnosis to say what exactly is going on and was really insensitive to everything.  All he cared about was us going through IVF.  When I was going through my miscarriage, all he could talk about what scheduling another IVF cycle. 

He did say my lining was thin, but I just want to know WHY I am not getting my period.  I was on BCP's for 10 years and I definitely blame them for all of this.  How did you get pregnant the first time??

Me 27 ~ DH 29
    PCOS amenorrhea/anovulatory
    TTC #1 since Jan 2010
    IVF 6/2011: ended in chem preg.
    10/2011 Metformin
    Ovarian Drilling/Laparoscopy 11/2011: Removed Endometriosis, Uterus Septum Removal, Cyst Removal, Ovarian Drilling
    12/2011: Provera, 50mg Clomid, Metformin ->Cancelled
    2/2012 IVF + Metformin + Acupuncture
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"