Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Jogging Strollers

When is ok to put LO in one of these and go jogging? My DH and I both run and one of us always has to stay with the little one so we've been taking turns running. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jogging Strollers

• Options

I actually just talked to Pedi about this she told me it was fine as long as LO was strapped in to a carseat and had proper head support.

On that note I still feel like waiting until LO is a tad bit older. Maybe in another month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been running (more like jogging) with LO for about a month.  I use the Bob with the car seat attachment.  We don't go for long and I am certainly not running that far.  I also run where there is little to no bumps so as to make for a smoother ride for LO.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check the manual of your particular stroller. My manual says when they can sit unassisted, so I also use mine with my car seat. I have a BabyTrend, I couldn't afford a $500 stroller...I wish though! But I do really like mine a lot!
  • Options

You really aren't supposed to jog with them in the car seat at all.  Many pedis recommend no jogging until they are 1 year.

It can be dangerous for their head and necks as they are not strong enough yet.  Honestly, I would side-eye a pedi for telling me it's OK at your LOs' ages.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejk4ever:
    Check the manual of your particular stroller. My manual says when they can sit unassisted, so I also use mine with my car seat. I have a BabyTrend, I couldn't afford a $500 stroller...I wish though! But I do really like mine a lot!

I actually don't have one yet. I was going to buy one. Recommendations??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

6 months at the earliest w/o an adapter.  even if they have good head control, a lot can go wrong on the road.  i was walking down a hill with DD #2 in my jogger when i was PG and i lost control of it and the stroller flipped over.  she was strapped in and totally fine, but an infant would not be - i am a very experienced stroller jogger and i was just out for a walk with my kiddos when that happened so my thought is better safe than sorry.   i prefer to take turns w/ DH running - it is practically the only "me" time i get.  i do take the kids in the stroller when i have to, but i won't be doing that until next spring.  DD #3 will be 8 -9 months by then.

• Options
    This sucks! I am looking for a jogger to start running and since my husband is in the military I am a stay at home mom like a lot of women out there, I don't have that chance to trade off and have him watch baby while I go on a run. Plus, I HATE working out in the evening. I prefer to work out in the mornings. Guess I will just be fat for 4 more months...

• Options

I just got this one https://www.bobgear.com/revolutionSE , and the manual says not to use it jogging with the infant attachment (due to a higher center of gravity).

They recommend it not be used for jogging or off road until the baby is 8 months old.

SO, like you the hubby and I have been taking turns running. Can't wait to take my little man on his 1st run in about 6 months! Smile

• Options
    The manufacturer of ours says 6 mo.  That said, I've noticed many runners on the health and fitness board would take their LO out at 2 mo in the car seat adapter on their jogging stroller.  Our LO has good head control but I'm not going to push the stroller since DH isn't a runner and can stay home while I go out.
  • Options
    I was talking to my pedi about this last week, and she said stick with 6 months and maybe even wait longer as they need to have really good control of their head.  I dont plan on running with mine until closer to 6-7 mos, I am going to start taking him on long walks and some hiking trails in a few weeks..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"