Adoption
Options

If you got to go to BM's prenatal appts, did you think this?

I got to go to most of Anna's BM's prenatal appointments, and all I kept thinking (among other things, of course) was that I was so glad it wasn't me getting examined, etc.  LOL!  I'm wondering if any other adoptive moms felt the same way...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you got to go to BM's prenatal appts, did you think this?

• Options
    I too AM Envious!!!  But I am sooo grateful and Blessed that she allows myself and Hubs to be there at appointments.  I have been to everyone thus far.  She just started her every 2 week appts.  And Luckily my employer allows me to take my Banked sick time or make the time up through lunches!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went to a few appointments and was never envious - on delivery day I was really excited that this little one was about to be in my arms, but I didn't have to go through the labor process myself.  I know I am not the norm, but I have huge anxiety over pain, nausea, etc - so I was happy to be the observer!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're not matched yet, but yeah I am SO glad to never have to be pregnant again.  Every time a friend or family member announces their pregnancy I feel anxiety for them and breathe a silent prayer of thanks that the rest of our kids will not come from my body.  (My pregnancies were really scary-dangerous; not the norm I know but I'm scarred nonetheless).
  • Options
    Our BM didn't have prenatal care, but I did go with her to the ER and was there for a few hours while she got checked out, and was there with her the entire day of delivery.  I personally have always wanted to be a mom but never cared about being pregnant, so I did often think that I was glad it was not me.  Pregnancy just seems uncomfortable, and delivery terrifies me, so I have no sadness over not having those experiences.  The only thing I do feel sad about is not experiencing breastfeeding since it seems like such an amazing bonding experience.
  • Options
    I was jealous of the experience. I've had the nether regions viewed by many many people (medical pros) so exams dont bother me in the least. BM didn't enjoy pregnancy, which was hard for me. It doesn't make a lot of sense, since pregnancy is nothing but a nightmare to me, but I still get jealous and weird around a big old bump. I dont care one way or the other to be pg anymore but I do wish I had gotten to carry MY son. NOT that I wish all my other pregnancies had worked out, but I do wish that I had gotten to carry this little boy that I love so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"