1st Trimester

Bleeding after bowel movement

Sorry for the TMI subject but I'm hoping for some consolation. The two times I have gone #2 in the past week and a half I have had to strain both times and both times have seen some red blood afterwards (in the vaginal area) when I wiped in that area. This morning when it happened the second time I really had to strain. I'm hoping it's just a sensitive cervix but now I'm going in for a sonogram at 1:45 today and I'm quite nervous.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bleeding after bowel movement

• Yes, it has happened to me up until the 8 week mark.  The doctor said it is from a friable cervix, but at 8 weeks it stopped.  Talk to your doctor, but as long as it isn't heaving bleeding and bright red blood with cramping you are probably fine.  Ask your doc though to be sure.  :)  P.S.  The sonogram will probably make you spot a little too...try not to let that worry you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's because your straining and causing small blood vessels on your cervix to burst. I will still let your doctor know, and hopefully he will tell you to take colace.

Straining=no fun. Your going to end up with horrid hemorrhoids.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Or you can get the prenatal vitamin Pre-Nexa which has a stool softener in it.  It has helped me trmendously!!!!  LIFE-SAVER!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't worry too much if it isn't associated with cramping and/or you are seeing clots.  Its great you are staying on top of it with your doctor.  Try not to stress and I also recommend Prenaxa

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Yep.....happening to me too.  No biggie.  With my first pregnancy this started around  week 26, but with this one it started around week 7.  The thing that worked well for me was this Organic Tea called "Smooth Move".....it's got Senia in it.  My doctor said it was fine to drink.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Colace..its over the counter and you can take it twice a day if it's not in your prenatal vitamin. It is not a lazative but will make your BM's softer and therefore easier to go, with less or no bleeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This happened almost my entire first pregnancy. It turns out it was a polyp on my cervix caused by extra hormones during pregnancy. I would bleed bright red blood from my vagina with a BM. I ended up eating a lot of dried prunes at night before bed and drinking a lot of water in the morning until I would have to go. It really helped. I actually have a polyp again this pregnancy, but this one bleeds whenever it wants to. Ahh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happened to me with DD, and it was just a sensitive cervix. Try some metamucil so you don't have to strain so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"