Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby K'Tan or Moby?

We have the Ergo and infant insert, but I really dont like it and neither does our LO. I feel like she is too hot, and I dont like that her mouth is almost covered in the fabric- it makes me nervous. I want something I can use around the house and out if we want to do something. She is still a tiny baby, barely 8lbs. I wanted to get either the K'Tan or Moby wrap- I tried her in the K'tan in a size S and she kept sliding down, like her head was at/just below my chest and it says head within 5 minutes, and I read it should be able to be easily kissed- I am wondering if she was too small at the time or if the wrap was too big on me- I am usually a size XS/S or 2/4 in tops, so I think I might just need the smaller size. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby K'Tan or Moby?

• Options

I really liked the Moby when DS was a newborn and you don't have to worry about sizing with it.  I thought it was really easy to use but there are YouTube videos too if you have trouble. 

We switched to the Ergo around 5 months and DS and I love it.  A lot of people don't like the infant insert, so don't give up on the Ergo all together.  It might work great for you once your LO can go in without the insert at 4-5 months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    I would assume your K'Tan is too big as small as you are.  They are much bigger than I thought they would be - I was able to try mine on in store with a sales associate who'd used hers all the time so I could get a good fit.  I think they have a breathable type material that is made smaller that you might want to check out, or just go with a Moby so you don't have to worry about sizing.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We love our k'tan. actually your 2-4 sizing places you in the XS category and not the S (i am also about the same size as you and the XS fits great), so you just need a smaller size. We love our k'tan because it is so easy to use - much easier than the moby - and you can wear it in the same ways as a wrap. the k'tan was actually our "go to" carrier for the newborn stage. hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"