Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question from 3rd trimester...

I am 36 weeks pregnant and 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was just wondering if any of you ladies were 70% dilated this early and how long after was it that you went into labor.  This is my 2nd pregnancy and it is completely different than my first when I had to be induced because I went past my due date. Thanks!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Question from 3rd trimester...

• Options
    You can stay that way for a month, I was like that for 6 weeks with DS, I hope you don't have to go past your due date this time! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think it means too much. My water broke and I was hardly dilated at all. Your baby should still have plenty of time to cook!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our son was born at 41w6d.....missing an induction by 12 hours. With our daughter I was 1cm dilated and 75%effaced at 34 weeks but was lucky to make it to 39w3days.  I was 4cm dilated and almost 100% effaced at my last appointment which was three days before my water broke.

My pregnancies, labors&deliveries, and recoveries were totally different from each other.  My pregnancy with our son was awesome but a nightmare with our daughter. I had a difficult labor & delivery with our son but it was a cake walk with our daughter. My recovery with our son was long but with our daughter it was again a cake walk.

Best of luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Those were my stats at 36 weeks. I was induced at 40w3d because my contractions weren't doing anything except causing LO's heart rate to drop.
  • Options

i was 1cm and 80% at my 39 week appointment. so you are 3 weeks ahead of me. which might help things along for you. when i was 36 weeks i was closed and firm. but... i was still 1cm and 80% at 40 weeks 10 days. i remained 1cm and 80% after a night of cervadil and 8 hours of pit. (we stopped the pit and tried the cervadil a second night, resumed pit the next morning and i had the baby by 2pm, so it worked out).

don't let me scare you, but there's really no telling how things will happen and when they'll happen. maybe you'll walk around like that for a couple weeks, then hit 4cm and have contractions start! good luck to you! it will all work out and be wonderful. (this coming from a woman who insisted on going to 42 weeks, 100% natural delivery and ended up being induced with an epidural after 30 hours of labor.) that baby makes it all perfect.

• Options

My first internal was at 38 weeks and I was 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. At 39 weeks I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. At 40 weeks I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. I went into labor at 40 weeks 3 days and arrived at the hospital 3 cm dilated still, started pushing 10 hours later.

• Options

I was 3cm and 80% at 36 weeks, and my water broke at 39weeks 1day....longest 3 weeks of my life since i thought every pain was the start of labor since i was "so close" lol.

It could be tomorrow or you may still have a few weeks...

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"