Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Do you strap LO into the RnP?

The RnP has straps in it, but LO just is NOT having it. Not to mention if I swaddle her it's not even possible to use them. The RnP is so deep I don't see how she could possibly get out at this age. I know as she gets older I might have to strap her in, but by then it will probably be more of a lounge seat than a sleeper. What do you all think?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you strap LO into the RnP?

• Options

I don't have a RnP but I have a regular bouncer and I rarely strap LO in.

I'm usually right there and she's much happier without the straps. She slides down quite often but not enough to endure the screaming fit that occurs with the straps. That and it's so close to the floor, nothing is going to happen if she does slide out.

• Options
    No, I dont. I actually dont pull the straps through the cover so LO doesnt have to lie on them. I dont think at this age it is necessary. Maybe when he gets older.
    After almost 3 years and 2 IUIs our lil guy is here! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/hall_kyrac/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do strap her into the bouncer and swing, but not the RnP. I'm debating whether I will start using the straps when she's big enough or just transition her to the crib. Probably the crib, since she sleeps in a sleep sack and using the straps is impossible.
  • Options
    I don't strap him in. I.swaddle him also

• Options
    I don't strap my LO's in to the RnP. We don't use the straps on the swings either.
    TTC since 8/08 with MFI IVF #1 Nov 2010 BFP! Twins!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We started to strap him in a week ago since he's getting bigger. He hates being swaddled so that's not an issue for us.  We have him sleeping in the RnP in his room so it makes us feel more comfortable, sometimes when LO gets mad his fists and legs get going.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I do but only because he doesn't seem to mind it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageaddison1060:
    I don't strap my LO's in to the RnP. We don't use the straps on the swings either.

This exactly.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I do but only because we have a 2 year old who may attempt to knock her out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nope.

I only strap her into her swing if I am going to be doing things in other rooms while she is napping in it.  Otherwise, I just let her sit and I keep an eye on her.

• Options
    I strap him into everything that has straps.  There's a reason these things come with straps IMHO, if it was safe to have them in unstrapped then straps wouldn't be on them.  Plus if you start strapping them in from day one they won't fight you because they are used to it.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options
    I strap him in. We swaddle, but we leave his legs out.
  • Options

I never strap her in.

• Options
    imagehall_ky:
    No, I dont. I actually dont pull the straps through the cover so LO doesnt have to lie on them. I dont think at this age it is necessary. Maybe when he gets older.
    this exactly

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"