Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

what counts as constipated? (XP)

Just wondering what counts as constipated for a 1 month old baby? We are having some dietary issues with an allergy for DD who is EBF.. I have eliminated Dairy from my diet which was supposed to help but she's not been pooping as often today. We're used to 3-5 poops a day, we have only seen 2 and none in the last 6 hours. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what counts as constipated? (XP)

• Options
    For LOs, constipation is about consistency (texture) and not consistency (frequency). It would have to be hard and pebble like, not just infrequent. Even EBF babies have their stools slow down at some point (some sooner than others). When eliminating dairy, btw, also eliminate butter (which is made from cream). If you find there is still an issue, you will also have to eliminate soy, since many LOs will this particular issue also have a soy allergy. FYI soy is in almost every processed food so it would basically mean making your own food from this point forward. :/
  • Options
    Looking at your ticker, it is also around the time that your LO's digestive system will begin to regulate which may mean less frequent poops.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageElatedMom2B:
    Looking at your ticker, it is also around the time that your LO's digestive system will begin to regulate which may mean less frequent poops.

Exactly what I was thinking. One month is about the time Haley went from 5 or 6 a day to 1 every other day. 

• Options

imagehepcats:
    If you find there is still an issue, you will also have to eliminate soy, since many LOs will this particular issue also have a soy allergy. FYI soy is in almost every processed food so it would basically mean making your own food from this point forward. :/

Thanks! We already make alot of our own foods which has made the transition much easier. I'd love to see soy stay and we've seen some improvement, but our pedi advised that'd be next to go!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"