Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

2 mo. shots &/or Zantac mommas come in

It has been a big two days for LO. She had her 2 mo shots yesterday plus started on zantac for silent reflux. We also gave her tylenol for her fever as a result of the shots. I asked the pedi if we should wait to give the zantac but he said not to.

Today, she has been unusually sleepy, and happy but not as active as she normally is. She slept for about 5 hours today - rarely sleeps over an hour in one day. Abnormal? Lucky?

What symptoms did your LO get from the 2 mos shots?

What are Zantac's symptoms?

I'm trying to piece this all together. I think I'll call the doc on Monday - am I over-reacting? Thanks for any advice.

Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2 mo. shots &amp;amp;/or Zantac mommas come in

• Options
    I think it could be a combination of things.  Our LO was on zantac, but we switched to prevacid because he'd throw it up -- the taste really bothered him.  But when he was on it he did seem more sleepy, but I wondered if he was just having an easier time sleeping since he wasn't so uncomfortable.  He had his shots 2 weeks after starting the zantac and was also sleepy that day.  We did 2 doses of tylenol which I know knocks them out but he seemed sleepy even after it had worn off.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Shots + tylenol = sleepy. Totally normal :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our LO was very sleep after getting her 2 month shots. 

She started Zantac a few weeks ago and that has not made her sleepy.   At first we were putting the Zantac right in her formula, but sometimes she wouldn't finish the bottle so we were nervous she wasn't getting all the meds.  So recently we've started putting the syringe with meds directly in her mouth....luckily she takes it, even though I know it tastes bad.   

I've not noticed any symptoms from Zantac.  Her relfux has seemed to gotten worse so we've upped the dosage and hoping it will help more with relflux. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS got put on Zantac at 3 or 4 weeks. He was overly sleepy for a few days. I actually called the ped freaking out -- DS never slept more than an hour, and all of a sudden, he was sleeping 2-3 hrs at a time! She told me that sometimes, the first few days of the med they will sleep more because THEY CAN. Their tummies aren't hurting, they aren't getting heart burn... they are comfortable! So they CAN sleep and then they will "catch up" on what they've been missing. It made total sense to me! After 3-4 days, he was back to normal.

As far as the shots, DS didn't get extra sleepy because of them. But, then again, he thinks naps are overrated and if he sleeps he'll miss something!

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our DS had his shots a couple of weeks ago and is also on zantac for silent reflux.  He was very groggy that afternoon and with the dose of tylenol we gave just before bed, he slept like a rock that night.

No bad symptons for LO - one of the lucky ones I guess

• Options
    imageMissManda:

DS got put on Zantac at 3 or 4 weeks. He was overly sleepy for a few days. I actually called the ped freaking out -- DS never slept more than an hour, and all of a sudden, he was sleeping 2-3 hrs at a time! She told me that sometimes, the first few days of the med they will sleep more because THEY CAN. Their tummies aren't hurting, they aren't getting heart burn... they are comfortable! So they CAN sleep and then they will "catch up" on what they've been missing. It made total sense to me! After 3-4 days, he was back to normal.

As far as the shots, DS didn't get extra sleepy because of them. But, then again, he thinks naps are overrated and if he sleeps he'll miss something!

Ha:) We hate naps over here too, I keep telling DS nothing interesting is going to happen while he is napping, but he wont listen. 

• Options

Lo was sleepy after his shots, even though I didnt give any tylenol. As far as zantac, I havent notice any difference in his sleeping habits since we started it 3 weeks ago. He is much happier during his awake time, but we still have problems with sleep during the day.

I think his spit up has gotten worse on Zantac though. I changed his clothes 5 times yesterday. I called his doctor, and she said that Zantac only helps with the pain and burning, but nothing can be done about the spitting up( well, nothing else besides what we are doing, cereal, feeding less and more often, elevating his crib, keeping him up after feedings). I hope Zantac works for you.

• Options
    I just started Zantac yesterday and have been a little concerned since DS has slept so much since I gave it to him. I'm glad to hear that it's probably because he's feeling better and not something else :)
    TTC#1 Since 9.09
    Unexplained IF
    IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP!! EDD: 8/8/11
    DS#1 Born 8/11/11
    TTC#2
    BFP #2 3/1/12 Ended in M/C on 3/17/12 @ 7w
    11/12 IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP, EDD: 8/18/13, Beta#1 (45), Beta #2 (265) Beta #3 (2545)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    S/PAIF/PAL ALWAYS WELCOME!!
  • Options
    thx ladies!
    Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"