Alabama Babies
Options

Also XP: Any rec's for infant care books?

I'm wondering if anyone has any rec's for good infant care books?  I'm looking for something that will have general info on things like milestones at various ages and just basic info on what I should be doing when.  I know there's no manual, but I'm looking for some sort of reference book.  Something to tell me how much tummy time to do when, when to be watching for teeth, etc.  Any ideas??  I'm clueless.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Also XP: Any rec's for infant care books?

• Options

I got a used copy of Baby 411 that is a good reference for that sort of thing. I didn't necessarily agree with everything in it advice wise, but it was good to look at for milestones, estimate for ounces per day with formula feeding, references for symptoms (what's normal vs. not), etc. Plus I only paid $3 for it at 2nd and Charles, so it was worth that, at least. 

Our bible though was Happiest Baby on the Block...doesn't have milestone info but has great tips on soothing a newborn. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

In addition to Baby 411, I used Your Baby's First Year by the American Academy of Pediatrics. I got it for free with something else (don't remember what), but it was pretty handy for milestones and "do I need to call the doctor"-type questions.

https://www.amazon.com/Your-Babys-First-Year-Third/dp/0553593005/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316869620&sr=8-1 

dx PCOS 2008 ~ Miracle baby DD born June 2010
    BFP#2: 9/25/11 M/C 6 weeks 5 days (CP) 10/13/11
    BFP#3: 12/23/11 Progesterone started 12/29/11 Stick, baby, stick! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"