Tennessee Babies

3D/4D US in Mid. TN?

Husband and I aren't exactly set on doing this--but are considering it. Ironically, my dad will be in town when I am 16 weeks and I think it'll be great for him to go w/me when I find out the gender... (it's his first grandchild and he lives 700+ miles away). My doctor won't do a gender determination until 19-22 weeks though. I don't mind waiting--but I think it'd be a great experience to have my dad there. Anyways, a girlfriend of mine recommended doing a 3D or 4D US as she had one when she was preggo. Was able to determine the gender at 14 weeks--which even she said was a bit early, but they had an accurate determination and now have a 2 year old daughter! However, I can't find ANY places in the Middle TN area that do these as an elective thing. The few places I've found don't do them til 23-28 weeks for gender determination... Which doesn't quite make sense to me. I've heard of plenty of people doing elective 3D/4D's around 15 weeks for gender determination... but am clueless at finding any in Mid Tn...

So, anyone know of any?? If you have done this, how was the experience? I'm somewhat mixed on it--but would love to involve my dad as he would really be beside himself. Thanks ladies :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3D/4D US in Mid. TN?

• I had a 2D ultrasound done at Focused Imaging in Nashville at 17 weeks.  The technician was able to determine the sex of the baby with just 2D (and he was correct according to all subsequent ultrasounds I've had since then).

Even though I only wanted and only payed for the 2D ultrasound, I did get a brief 3D/4D peak.  He didn't ask if I wanted it; he just did it.

According to their website, they're willing to do the ultrasound at 16 weeks, so you may want to give them a try.

For what it's worth, my baby didn't really look like much on 3D/4D at 17 weeks - more like an alien blob than cute baby.  Thus, I wouldn't personally invest in the 3D/4D at 16 weeks (not that it's that much more expensive).

My husband and I decided to do the elective ultrasound because my mom was going to be in the area.  There was a couch and a couple chairs set up in the room for family viewing.  They project your ultrasound up on a projection screen.  It should be an enjoyable experience for your father (if he's into ultrasounds...).

With the 2D package they send you home with 2 pictures (mine were both of Baby's crotch) and a DVD of everything you saw on your ultrasound.

If we felt the desire to get an early elective ultrasound with any future children, I would use this place again.

• I had my 18 week ultrasound and my doctors office did the 4d ultrasound for me and I was able to get a perfect picture of DS face.  I don't know if 2 weeks would make that much of a difference but I"m sure you could ask.  I go to Womens Group of Franklin.
  • Loading the player...
  • theres a place in cookeville that does 3D-4D. i think its called Previews? i googled it cause i was wanting this doen aswell.. Also the OB i go to does this in her office.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"