Philadelphia Babies
Options

Chester County Hospital

I go to a NP at Chester County OB and she is the best.  My friend just got her nursing degree in WC and told me to stay far away from Chester County Hospital...that they are very "traditional" with their nursery and she saw mothers begging to see their newborns!!!  Is this the case? I have lived in the area for a while and have not heard anything else about this hospital but want to make the decision to switch doctors before pregnant.  If anyone could share their experience with Chester County Hospital it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Chester County Hospital

• Options

I went to CCOBGYN as well, and gave birth at Chester County Hospital.  Great experience!  Did you take the childbirth classes offered through the hospital?  That may help you decide, since you get to take a tour.

• Options
    WHAT?  No, not at all.  Not only do I work in the hospital, but I just had my first baby there 7 weeks ago.  I had an awesome experience.  The baby was with me all day, and even when I CHOSE to have her go to the nursery at night, they still encouraged me to keep her with me (I am breastfeeding).  They did take her about 1 hour after birth to clean her up, etc.  And in the mornings at 8am, they take all babies to the nursery to do their health assessments, hearing tests, etc.  But otherwise, she was with me.  I loved all my nurses, and I also see CC OB/GYN as my physicians.  I work in the ultrasound dept at the hospital, and obviously see tons of pregnant women who deliver there, and I can honestly say I can't remember anyone complaining of an overall bad experience. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my first at Chester County and had a great experience.  I was with CCObGyn (and if you're talking about Beth, the NP, I loved, loved her) and have nothing bad to say.  My baby was with me whenever I wanted him to be (aside from testing and such) and they never gave me a problem about it.  The nurses were very helpful and friendly and I always felt comfortable.  I agree with taking a class and doing a tour once you're pregnant.  You'll learn a lot more about the nurses and how they do things there. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I gave birth at CC about two years ago and had a good experience.  The only issue I had was that I had asked them not to take the baby back yet (after we bonded for 30 min) but they said there was fluid in his lungs so they needed to.  I understood but when he came back they had already given him his bath and I would have preferred that being cleared with me from a timeline perspective and from a maybe-Daddy-wants-to-be-there type perspective.  But other than that, everyone was great.  I wasn't too fond of one of my labor nurses but everyone else was amazing.  I switched this time though to Jennersville which has a much lower C-section rate but I was very pleased with my experience overall. 

I would bring your own pillow though - theirs were very flat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"