New to The Bump

Got pregnant VERY quick!!

Hi All-

So, my husband and I were married in July, and I stopped taking the pill right after (I had been on it for 10 years). We weren't really trying, and I got my last period on 8/20. I realized I was 4 days late for my period Sept 20, took a pregnancy test that night (actually 2), and they were positive! I was almost guaranteeing myself that it couldn't have happened that quick/easily, but it did. I have my first gyno appt on Oct 7 (had already scheduled it prior to learning I was pregnant). SOOO... my husband thinks I am nuts because it has been 2 days and I have bought a baby name book and "What to Expect When You're Expecting". Is it weird to already feel pregnant? I slept for 12 hours straight last night. My boobs are also sore, and I feel bloated (I think?) Other than the symptoms, it still feels like we are dreaming. I think we are waiting till after Oct 7th to tell ANYONE.   : )  Good luck to everyone out there!

BFP: 9/20 Blighted Ovum DX: 10/21 @ 9 weeks. Waiting for m/c.

Re: Got pregnant VERY quick!!

• Congratulations!

I wish it was that easy for me and my husband. But i am trying to stay positive and know i will be a mother some day.

Hope its a great pregnancy for you!!! :) 

All the best. 

• TTCaANGEL- Good luck! I think it was a couple things... 1) take prenatal vitamins. My book said they make you more fertile (not sure if this is true or not!) 2) put your legs up after you and your husband do the deed  :)  Also, don't stress TOO much! Your pregnancy will come when the time is exactly perfect! 

BFP: 9/20 Blighted Ovum DX: 10/21 @ 9 weeks. Waiting for m/c.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got married in May and quit birthcontrol... and now I am 8 weeks.  haha!  I am shocked but pleasantly suprised
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats. Your post made me smile and i cant wait to have that special feeling..  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow I got pregnant on the same day you did and my first dr. appointment is also on the same day yours is. I was also extremely shocked that is would happen so quickly. Congrats
  • It's not weird to feel pregnant so early on - I noticed a serious increase in hunger the week after conceiving & I didn't even know I was pregnant! I even told my husband "I've been so hungry lately - I don't know what's wrong with me!" Your body's metobolism & hormones start changing right away so depending on how sensitive you are to these things, you'll definitely feel that something has changed.

Congratulations!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAmbsies:
    imageclashure09:

1) take prenatal vitamins. My book said they make you more fertile (not sure if this is true or not!)

Totally not true.  What book said that?  I'd find a new book :)

I think it depends what's making you infertile. For some women, various nutritional deficiencies are to blame so I wouldn't rule it out. Besides, it can't hurt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats... Come on over to the May 2012 board :)
  • Hey I can totally relate!  My husband and I were married July 15th of this year and we were trying NFP and OOPS! - looks like I sucked at it.  We weren't really NOT trying to have a baby but I wanted to wait for some time.  I'm glad that I'm not the only one who got pregnant VERY quickly ;)  I know people are going to think we're dumb for not waiting but hubby is beyond thrilled and so am I!  I think it is totally normal that you had already been feeling symptoms.  I had a few so I had my suspicions before I saw the +.  Yay May mommies!  Best of luck to you!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"