LGBT Parenting
Options

jean - pedi

don't stress too much about hospital affiliation. Ours doesn't round at the hospital we delivered at and it was no issue at all. The hospital just sent the records to the practice when we were discharged.  should, heaven forbid, we need to go to a hospital later, we'll probably go to the one they are affiliated with, but I don't think this is a big enough issue (chance wise) to choose against a practice.

Re: jean - pedi

• Options

Hey, Jean! I figured I might as well post under this. We are in love with our pediatrician and the practice. I don't know how far you are from Brookline, but if you would be willing to give them a try, I can pass on the info.

And as others said, you're absolutely not behind on this. Truuuuust me. Smile

• Options

Thanks ladies!  We are too far out for Brookline (south shore) and while there are a lot of hospitals around us, the closest are questionable, at best.  I would *never* go to one of them (not in the most dire emergency) and I would prefer not to go to the other 2  so we are pretty set on finding a pedi associated with South Shore/ Children's -  Boston.  In the off chance the baby needs to be hospitalized, I don't want to have to worry about figuring a way to get him/her to the best place, I want the ease of knowing my pedi would just send the baby there.   And then freak out.  :)

Drum roll please.. We have made our decision!!  We are going with the very nice, clean practice of 2 women, affiliated with SS and Children's who are into homeopathic med's and didn't bat an eye when I said we were not going to get the Hep B vaccine in the hospital but said some strange remark about not being sure if they had any other gay parents.  I can't recall exactly but it went something like.. "I am trying to think if we have anymore of.. (you? them?)".  

eh.  you can't have it all ;) 

And onto the next crisis.. where the baby is going to sleep. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you made your decision! (And FWIW, we didn't decide until I was sitting in a wheelchair at the L&D desk, frantically googling the practice 2brides mentioned once so I could write them down on the intake form. We picked them on the spot, "clicked" with one of the pedis doing rounds after the babies were born, and have been happy ever since. :) )
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

Congratulations on choosing a pedi! Smile

Where the baby is going to sleep as in a) nursery right away, or b) your room? I was a nursery right away person until I had the baby. K was always the "in our room until at least 3 months" type.

Once I had J, I couldn't imagine having him in a different room at night. I'd be checking in every five minutes. Smile He always had naps in his crib, though, so he'd be used to it/the nursery. We had a co-sleeper, and it was great to be able to be with him and just pick him up and nurse him right there when he needed to be nursed. When he was about four months old, we moved him to the nursery, and that went very smoothly (for him - I had my, ok, MANY moments of going in every five minutes to check on him).

Good luck with your decision!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"