Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone else have a 10 week old with a wobbly head?

DS will be 10 weeks on Sunday and he doesn't have very good head control at all.  He absolutely hates tummy time so we might get like 10 minutes a day.  I try to lay him on my chest but he gets fussy like that too.  I've tried different types of stimulants to keep him interested but that doesn't work at all.  He might keep his head up for 10 seconds max but usually, he's extremely wobbly.  I'm so so so paranoid that I'm screwing up my little one lol Anyone else have the same problems?  What do you ladies suggest to help keep him interested?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else have a 10 week old with a wobbly head?

• Options
    I hold DS on my lap with him in a sitting position facing me and talk to him.  If he's in a good mood he likes to smile and coo back at me.  DS hates tummy time also so I try to do this as well so he can gain more head control. 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My LO has reflux and spits up a lot all throughout the day, so I have a hard time figuring out when to do tummy time because I know he'll spit up throughout it.  So having him sit up on your lap and talk with him is a great suggestion!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do but she was born 5 1/2 weeks early.  For us my daughter gets the most practice holding her head up when I hold her over my shoulder and walk around.  She likes to look aoround at things then, especially if I stand where she can look in the mirror. She doesn't really like tummy time in her crib either
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJynx23:
    I do but she was born 5 1/2 weeks early.  For us my daughter gets the most practice holding her head up when I hold her over my shoulder and walk around.  She likes to look aoround at things then, especially if I stand where she can look in the mirror. She doesn't really like tummy time in her crib either

DS LOVES to do this. I carry him around on my hip a lot during the day. I hold him in an awkward way that he won't fall over. We actually forget to do tummy time now, but I figured this is a great way to get some head/neck control.

• Options
    I feel like my 11 week old is the same way. She is SO lazy during tummy time - she just lays her head down and won't lift it. DD1 was 6 weeks early and by 6 weeks at tummy time would pop her head up and hold it up fairly good with her arms. She also rolled pretty early. But this full term baby is making me nervous - she just wants nothing to do with it. I've been doing the lap thing too to MAKE her hold it up. I also have one of those Boppy tummy time pads which came with a small boppy and I prop her up on that to make her "push" herself up. I feel like I'm screwing her up too or not working with her as much as DD1.
    After 2 miscarriages and a pre-term birth (34 weeks gestation due to PROM), our healthy baby girl is growing up fast! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    3 more miscarriages and finally a correct diagnosis (septate uterus) and a corrective uterine surgery later, our second blessing is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Do you have a boppy?  Use the boppy for tummy time - kinda prop LO up over the rounded end on his elbows.  Otherwise, a pillow can do the trick too.  That way it kinda helps lift their head enough that they will only have to lift it a little bit to see up - small steps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"