Pregnant after a Loss

Rib cage is killing me and no bra fits right.

I cannot find a comfortable bra, it's driving me nuts. My rib cage has gotten bigger so my 34 bras were digging in, naturally I thought going up to a 36 would alleviate the problem, I even got fitted and was told 36 should fit. But even those started to hurt, so I bought a 38, and that too is hurting my rib cage, but it is not too tight. It's so loose it's gaping, but even the slightest pressure from the bra makes my ribcage hurt so bad, it's like a burning sensation that is unbearable.

Any ideas what I can do? I have tried wearing sports bras, camis with built in bras, everything hurts. If I take my bra off my boobs hurt from being unsupported, and I could not go out in public with these babies swinging around freestyle. I am seriously hoping this is temporary. Anyone else feeling like this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rib cage is killing me and no bra fits right.

• I'm sure you've tried it but have you tried bras without under wire? My boobs are too big for me to feel comfortable wearing them in public but at home when the pain in my ribs get really bad I wear them and while it doesn't make it completely pain free it does help. Also ice helps with the pain, though that is only temporary and not something you can walk around with LOL.
  • I'm so there with you.

I can't go up in size anymore bc they gape, but yet the band feels too snug by the end of the day.  The highlight of my day today was coming home and taking off my bra.  Seriously.  The most comfy I can get is in a cami with a bra, but that has zilch for support and there's no way I'm going out in public like that with these F'ers.  I'm totally feeling your pain (literally), and I'm hoping like mad that once this kid gets here the girls pick a size (smaller would be good) and stay there long enough for me to get a properly fitting bra.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • imageauthorofdreamz:
    I'm sure you've tried it but have you tried bras without under wire? My boobs are too big for me to feel comfortable wearing them in public but at home when the pain in my ribs get really bad I wear them and while it doesn't make it completely pain free it does help. Also ice helps with the pain, though that is only temporary and not something you can walk around with LOL.

Yeah I gave up underwire a long time ago! 

• imageJunebug060609:

I'm so there with you.

I can't go up in size anymore bc they gape, but yet the band feels too snug by the end of the day.  The highlight of my day today was coming home and taking off my bra.  Seriously.  The most comfy I can get is in a cami with a bra, but that has zilch for support and there's no way I'm going out in public like that with these F'ers.  I'm totally feeling your pain (literally), and I'm hoping like mad that once this kid gets here the girls pick a size (smaller would be good) and stay there long enough for me to get a properly fitting bra.

Glad I'm not alone. I agree the camis are the best alternative, but I look like a tramp when I wear them, and like you said, might as well be wearing nothing as far as support goes, so I can't really do that outside the house with them on. I am hoping somehow this changes after giving birth but I think we're in for more breast pain afterwards, not less!

• Gin I am MUCH smaller chested than you but I've had the same issue. Pre-pregnancy I was a 34A and have had to go up to a 38B. Even those bands are uncomfortable (and I'm also dealing with a lot of rib pain). I know that Winter is carrying high which probably isn't helping your case. The only thing I have found that seems to help is a sleep bra- super thin cotton which probably won't give your girls enough support but probably won't hurt your ribs as much. I hope you find something soon. Boob/Rib pain is no fun at all.
    After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • I don't have any suggestions, as I am having the same problem. I used to wear 34s, went to get measured when they were getting too tight and they told me I was a 32... obviously wrong since the 34 was too tight. I bought two different kinds of bras (1 of one kind and 3 of another) in 36. The kind I have 3 of kills my ribs. The kind I bought 1 of is the only one I can wear. The difference, I think, is that the elastic isn't against my skin if that makes sense... it's a back smoothing bra so the band is much softer.

ETA: This hurts: https://www.lanebryant.com/unlined-balconette-bra/p110715/index.pro

This doesn't hurt as much. The underwire still digs in a little but the band is a million times better. The back is ugly, but it gets the job done: https://www.lanebryant.com/back-smoothing-bra/p25870/index.pro?Mpper=16&Mpos=17&pageSize=16 

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • I am sorry about all the pain you are in right now.  If you haven't tried the cross-over sleep bras something like (https://www.amazon.com/Medela-Womens-Sleep-Nursing-Bra/dp/B001H1PYCA), see if that helps.  I was going to get some of these because they are also good for nursing.  One of my co-workers recommended them because she was also uncomfortable in most bras.  Hopefully when Winter drops little lower, you will feel a little better.  Hugs
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageitsmegin:
    imageJunebug060609:

I'm so there with you.

Glad I'm not alone. I agree the camis are the best alternative, but I look like a tramp when I wear them, and like you said, might as well be wearing nothing as far as support goes, so I can't really do that outside the house with them on. I am hoping somehow this changes after giving birth but I think we're in for more breast pain afterwards, not less!

Me tooTongue Tied

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• imageMrsAtch:
    Gin I am MUCH smaller chested than you but I've had the same issue. Pre-pregnancy I was a 34A and have had to go up to a 38B. Even those bands are uncomfortable (and I'm also dealing with a lot of rib pain). I know that Winter is carrying high which probably isn't helping your case. The only thing I have found that seems to help is a sleep bra- super thin cotton which probably won't give your girls enough support but probably won't hurt your ribs as much. I hope you find something soon. Boob/Rib pain is no fun at all.

I don't think it has anything to do with boob size, it's the rib cage thing. Hope you feel better soon too!

• Thanks for the links Colleen and D&D, I'll try anything at this point!
  • I'm in the same situation, and that burning ribcage feel is awful! The tanks are comfy but I feel so saggy and dumpy with no support these days. I've tried so many bras, and by the middle of the day I'm suffering. I'm going to check out some of the nursing bras this weekend. So far I've stuck with regular bras, just different brands/sizes.
    BFP#1 10/5/09 | Heartbeat 11/1/09 | D&C 11/24/09 (no hb)
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
    BFP#3 08/12 | D&C 9/12 (no hb)
    BFP#4 Due May 1, 2014 Stick baby stick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"