Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleep advice needed

I've been trying to get DS to sleep in his crib for naps the last few weeks, but it's not working.  I will have him sound asleep in my arms and when i try to put him in the crib he wakes up shortly after that.  He usually will lay in there awake for a while, then he ends up screaming.  He sleeps in our room in his Rock n play sleeper at night and will usually go right to sleep.  If he does wake up, he's content in there and will eventually fall asleep.  Just don't know what to do to make the transition easier.  I had planned on moving him to sleeping in his crib at 3 weeks, but at this rate we'll never get there.  Any suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep advice needed

• Options
    My dd absolutely loved her rock and play. It was the only thing she was comfortable sleeping in at first. She started out by sleeping in it by my bed side until she was about 2 1/2 months old and then we moved it into her nursery and let her sleep in it there to get used to the room. She didn't start sleeping in her crib until she was 4 or 5 months. Don't worry if your lo isn't ready yet at 3 weeks old. No adult is still sleeping in a bassinet. The transition will get easier with time :-) good luck!

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• Options

DS slept in his crib in 2-3 hour stretches until I put him to the Rock n Play for a nap at 5 weeks-old. He slept so well in it that I tried it that night and *tada!* STTN. As far as I'm concerned, he can sleep in his Rock n. Play until he goes off to college.

Seriously though, the Rock n Play is in his room (right next to the crib that was 15x more expensive) so I don't see any reason to move him out of it until he becomes too big for it. He will even wake up and rock himself back to sleep sometimes. It's baby magic.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageXSailoretteX:

DS slept in his crib in 2-3 hour stretches until I put him to the Rock n Play for a nap at 5 weeks-old. He slept so well in it that I tried it that night and *tada!* STTN. As far as I'm concerned, he can sleep in his Rock n. Play until he goes off to college.

Seriously though, the Rock n Play is in his room (right next to the crib that was 15x more expensive) so I don't see any reason to move him out of it until he becomes too big for it. He will even wake up and rock himself back to sleep sometimes. It's baby magic.

We had the same experience. LO was waking every 2 hours when he was sleeping in the co-sleeper, but now he will do 5 hour stretches in the Rock 'n Play.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"