Multiples

Another twin skin question

Those of you who've had your twins, did you get that twin skin? Did it eventually go away on its own? Does exercise help or is plastic surgery your only choice?? Oh God......
Spontaneous twin boy expected in November 2011!!!

Re: Another twin skin question

• I most definitely have twin skin.  They're going to be 6 months old on Thursday and no sign of it going away.  I've heard the only choice is surgery, but I guess it depends on just how bad it is. 

It bothers me, but not to the degree that I'll jump into surgery anytime soon.  I definitely don't look good naked anymore, but I guess those are the breaks after carrying twins :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I thought I made it through the entire twin pregnancy without stretch marks, but 2 weeks post partum and BAM, there they are.  They are not as bad as the google images (yes, I just hopped over there to check those out) but I do hope they go away on their own.  They are definitely nothing I would get surgery over, but either way this MoMma is never gonna be in a bikini again Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't get a flap. But I lost my belly button and I have stretch marks from my pubic bone up to my ribs. My ab muscles are separated - they've come back together quite a bit with exercise and time, but they'll never be back to normal without surgery.

What is left is very soft smooshy skin with a bizarre belly button. Fugly. 

• Mine isn't horrible but there is definitely mooshy skin and a slight overhang. gross!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I most certaintly did.
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh yes. A year later, I still have a definite kangaroo pouch. And as I very very slowly lose the extra weight, my tummy gets even more wrinkly and saggy. 
  • I don't have twin skin.  There is hope!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 5'4" and weighed 100 lbs pre-baby.  The night before my c-section, my midsection measured 4 feet around.  I guess you could say that I now have triplet skin.  If I want a belly button again, I will need surgery.

Exercise may help to flatten your tummy a bit but it won't get rid of stretched out skin.  I weigh about 105 lbs now and my skin is in pretty bad shape.

If you haven't had your babies yet, remember that everyone is different. 

• imagedoz&koz:
    I don't have twin skin.  There is hope!

Thank you for this! From what I've been reading here I thought for sure there was no hope. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's definitely hope. Everyone is different. I wasn't so lucky so I had it fixed. Not everyone's cup of tea but I feel a heII of a lot better about myself since my TT surgery. I had separation and a pretty decent umbilical hernia + twin skin + flap. It was all wrong.
  • yup- i have it- and surgery is my only option.

I have lost all the weight and then some- and actually- it looks worse the more weight I lose... it's gross.  It's like two flaps on each side - my left side bigger (b/c Gibby was on that side and my belly buldged out on that side!).  Not to mention the way the skin looks in the middle- saggy elephant looking skin.

I wear spanks or underwear that shapes my body to flatten it out when i'm wearing dresses and certain pants - that works fine- but I still plan to have a TT at some point in the next few years.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • I have a very, very little bit.  It's a bit saggy right above the bikini line and sticks out more on the side where my bigger baby was but it's nothing I can't cover with a fuller cut bikini bottom.  I never had the best stomach to begin with, so I didn't have rock hard abs to separate.  
  • imagedoz&koz:

This!

• imageKimmy08:

imagedoz&koz:

This!

this is me, too.

you can get a clue on how your body will react based on your mother. also, a lot of it will depend on how you carry - i carried one baby high, one baby low..so i stretched out like a football, instead of a basketball.

• imageKimmy08:

imagedoz&koz:

This!

this is me, too.

you can get a clue on how your body will react based on your mother. also, a lot of it will depend on how you carry - i carried one baby high, one baby low..so i stretched out like a football, instead of a basketball.

• Well, I'm no gumi (the gold standard, IMO) , but I avoided the twin skin too. Look exactly the same as before. Wore a bikini and a sports bra to run all summer. :)
  • I will someday go in for a tummy tuck, and to staple my abs back together.  My husband doesn't think my tummy is gross, but its a "me' thing.  I have the skin that is like a loose bag on my body, but no one would know unless I flashed them my stomach.  And the strech marks are llike Freddy Krugers face burns LOL.  I won't wear a bikini, but I do know that I have a great excuse for my scars!  Two sets of twins in two years was hard work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, I got it. (I carried them to 37w6d.) They'll be 3 in January and it's still there. Exercise doesn't help since it's the skin itself that's been stretched out. Obviously you can tighten/tone your abs though which helps with the overall look of the area. ;) Eh, there are worse things in life. I'm not wild about it, but I'm extremely grateful I ended up with two healthy full-term babies so if that's the price I had to pay, I'm OK with it!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I have stretch marks and a little bit of a flap. Honestly, pre-pregnancy I already had a fat roll at the bottom so now it's just looser instead of flabby. I didn't wear bikinis anyway :)
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKimmy08:

imagedoz&koz:

This!

yeah i got some stretch marks but that's it, no twin skin!

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"