North Carolina Babies

Too early for Fall Outside Decorations?

So our little bean is due Oct. 11.  And this weekend we are having a "date-day" on Saturday and going to dinner, a movie and picking out fall decor (mums and pumpkins) to put outside on our porch.  Normally we do this the beginning/mid October, but since her due date is less than 3 weeks away and she's been measuring a little early we thought we'd do it now. 

Do you think its too early to set out pumpkins?  And will my mums make it to November?  Its looking to be in the steady mid 70s, so not awfully hot, but just wondering!  The markets already have them, so it can't be too early right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Too early for Fall Outside Decorations?

• I say go for it.  Fall technically starts on Friday anyways so you're not really early.  (I think putting them out Sept 1 is early since it's still summer).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was thinking about putting my fall stuff out this weekend as well, so I vote for do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive already done it. Home Dept had the L mums for 4 bucks! Cant beat that, and the small ones for 2. I finished the rest this past weekend....as cool as it has been Im sure no one is going to freak out on you ;) Happy decorating!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Go for it! I put our my fall mini-flag last weekend & pulled most of my summer potted plants up (the ones that weren't already dead). I need to get some mums...yay fall!! :)
  • I agree!  Go for it! 

I also agree that Sept 1st is early to put out fall decorations but I did just so this year.  Just my fall door hanger-it was my way of saying, "I am so through with Summer heat!!!"

My neighbors and friends love me anyway :o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Okie dokie!  I don't feel so bad then!  I'm soooooo over summer and sooooo ready for fall.  That's cold spell we had last week was great (the 65 degree weather)!  I am so glad I'm having her in the fall.  Its my favorite time of year!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"