Maryland Babies
Options

Please rec your ob/gyn and where did you deliver?

Hi ladies!! I am new to MD, just moved down here in April and are somewhat settled in our house in Abingdon.  DH and I are discussing baby #2 and I need to find a new doctor.  This is the hardest part for me because I LOVED my dr in NJ and had seen him for years and trusted him.  I had a c/s because my daughter was breech and he had done 2 c/s on my sister and another friend of mine.  He was just such an awesome dr and I want to find someone like that down here. 

So if you could please rec your dr and where you delivered I would really appreciate it.  And if you could share your experiences with your dr too that would be great.  I am probably making this a bigger deal than it needs to be, but I will be having a repeat c/s and I want to trust and know the dr that will be doing it.  Thanks!!!

Re: Please rec your ob/gyn and where did you deliver?

• Options

So this has been posted a couple of different places...

Original post - https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/57926884.aspx

Dr Kaplan & Dr. Coeluis practice is really good and they deliver at Franklin Square in White Marsh.

Capital Women's Care (CWC) - is a HUGE practice covering all over Maryland. The closest office is in Bel Air and Towson, they deliver at St. Joe (and I think GBMC).

Susquehanna OB - seems to have some good reviews too.  They deliver at Upper Chesapeake.   (https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/57927658.aspx)

I'm sure there are others but they are the main 3 that come up on board in the Bel Air/Abingdon area. 

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I posted this on the Baltimore Nest as well and I had a similar post in "my posts" from a while ago, but I guess the nest did some house cleaning and a majority of my older posts are gone...thanks for posting those links!!

Is Capital Women's Care the office that you can see from 924?  Its in a brown building?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, it's in a shopping center right at Rt 924 and Laurel Bush Road on the side of Susquehanna Bank.  I go here or the one at St Joe.  I LOVE my doctor (Dr. Guidice) and also I like Dr. Zern but I really don't care for any others.  
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Options
    I looove the midwives at Susquehanna (the office is in upper chesapeake). i delivered at upper chesapeake too with a fantastic experience.
  • Options

Ah ok, Captial is right by my house...love the convenience of that!

• Options

My Ob/Gyn was Dr. Jean Hundley with Womankind. I delivered at Howard County General Hospital.

I loved the Womankind staff, and the fact that they were all women. That being said, I could have taken or left Dr. Hundley. I liked her well enough, but I wasn't SUPER excited about her or anything. She seemed really laid back, which was fine, but didn't want to really discuss any birthing protocols or procedures. She was also pretty gung ho on induction a couple of days after my due date, which I wasn't happy about (that shouldn't be a problem though if you're going for a rcs). The other doctor in the practice is Dr. DeYampert, who is also nice enough, but her internals... omg OUCH.

Ironically, when I went to deliver, Dr. Hundley was nowhere in sight. Dr. DeYampert was there for the first part of it, but the woman who delivered the baby, Dr. Andrea Kwong, was absolutely AMAZING. I cannot say enough good things about her, and were I to start over, I'd definitely use her instead. She's with Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.

Howard County was a great place to delivery - the delivery room was huge and the staff was amazing. They were extremely attentive and wonderful. I also have a couple of friends who had c-sections, who had great service with Howard County (Camdenfaithful is one, who is on here). My other friend was a patient of Dr. DeYampert, who did her c-section, and it turned out really well.

• Options
    I love my Dr's at Upperchesapeake womens care. dr's morey,swanbeck levy and sopher. I delivered at upperchesapeake and had a really really great experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Women's Care OB/GYN on Plumtree Rd.  Been going to them for 10 years and love them.  All female doctors (if that makes a difference).  They are affiliated with Franklin Square Hospital in Rosedale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"