Babies on the Brain

stupid question about Enfamil checks

I have some that I would like to use so that I may donate the formula to a family in need. I have never bought formula so I have no idea how this works. Can I use both checks at once, or no? 

Also, do stores take expired ones? It would be really cool if they did, especially since I want to donate.

And damn, I was just looking online. Formula isn't cheap! 

Re: stupid question about Enfamil checks

• No idea, but that's really cool of you.
  • It depends on the store.  Walmart always took my expired Similac checks.   I forget if you can use more than one check per can of formula though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • One check per can. So, if you have multiple checks get the smaller cans. It works out that you get more formula for less money than if you buy the big cans. What a thoughtful thing to do!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've never been able to use two at once, but I've heard of other women who have. I guess it all depends on the checker/store. I'm not sure about the expired ones. They just run them at the store as a check (rather than a coupon), so if the checker doesn't check the date themself then it might still go through.

That probably wasn't very helpful. haha

Either way, that is really awesome of you.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I always donated my checks to people at my Mom's group. Or sold them on the bump for Amazon gift cards.That way the people could get the exact type of formula they needed.

Also, I am less altruistic than you.

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• thanks for the info guys. The family that needs them has a heartbreaking story and I just feel like I need to do something, but even this doesn't feel like nearly enough :(

Anyway, I am going to see what I can get with my checks tomorrow. Let's hope they work!

• imageGhostMonkey:

ETA: Just saw your response. Since you know the story, do they specifically say they use Enfamil? Or is that just what you had?

I asked & they said they use Enfamil. They have twins & their Mommy is very very sick. Up until now I believe she was CD & BF'ing - but with her illness I don't know they will be able to continue w/ CD - so I'm hoping to get some diaper deals with my coupons too. I love using my coupons, but it feels even better when I can use them to help someone else! 

• imagearob196:
    I recently got my first checks...they have my name on them. Can someone else use them? It sounds like if they don't check the expiration date, then they might not check an id...

It's my understanding the Babies R Us is getting strict about using rebate checks.

Target cashiers rarely check for the name.  I'm betting, like Kdodge said, some cashiers don't even know to check for expiration dates.

Also -- Amazon mom is the best place to buy diapers.  Sign up for the subscribe and save -- then cancel the subscription after you have received your order.

Plus, Amazon is featuring diaper coupons right now.  I have seen Huggies and Pampers coupons.  If you need help finding the coupons, let me know.

GL

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did the same thing with the formula checks that I got. I used 1 coupon per can.

What you're doing is very sweet

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • just an update on this: I was able to use 2 expired $5 checks today at Stop & Shop. YAY!! I got a $14 can for  $4 :)

thanks for the info everyone!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"