Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Leg shaking

I have noticed a few times my lo's leg shake/twitch. It Only lasts a few seconds. Should I be concerned?

Re: Leg shaking

• Options
    My DD does it all the time. It mainly happens when she sleeps. She has done it since birth and I haven't seen or heard anything wrong with her. She even did it while in my belly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I forgot to say they just have no control of all of their nerves yet, so they have random movements almost like they have MS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD does this too, especially when I put her in the crib and she stretches out...
  • Options
    Their immature nervous systems just sometimes receive wonky signals, its completely normal. 
  • Options
    My DD's leg does this too! I wondered about it since DS never had this. For some reason, it didn't overy concern me though. I'm not worried about it.
  • Options
    My LO used to do this all the time, hasnt done it in while though. I think as they get bigger and stronger they have better control of their muscles and nerves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    THANK YOu for posting this, my LO does the same thing and I was so worried about it!
  • Options
    I actually asked my ped. about this. She said it's normal and that there nervous systems mature from the top down, so her legs should catch up to the rest of the body soon.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks! My SIl was holding her the other day when it happened and she freaked out. I told her it happens but wanted to be sure it was nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"