North Carolina Babies
Options

Is your DC picky about clothes?

I thought I had gotten off easy having a boy who probably wouldn't care about what he wore. WRONG! He doesn't really care too much about what's on his clothes or matching, but he has started to refuse to wear anything except "soft pants" (like knit/mesh shorts/pants w/ elastic waist bands). Thankfully I found a great deal at Kohl's this weekend on "soft pants" and matching shirts for the fall/winter, but good grief, would it kill the boy to wear jeans once in a while?

Anyone else's DC picky about what they wear? Do you give in or fight the battle? With the exception of church, I waved my white flag :) 

Re: Is your DC picky about clothes?

• Options

Yes!

I cannot put a button down shirt on him.  I thought I could trick him and put it on over his head but the boy freaks out as soon as it is on.  Polos have always been fine but he is starting to show a little bit of hesitation and some days he does not want a polo either.  He is a t-shirt boy :)

Shorts/pants have been ok so far with no strong preferences, but he is getting more opinionated as we go along.

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Caleb is not particular about fabrics, but he will be opinionated about the style. Some days he wants to wear the "guitar" shirt etc, and it may not be clean so he gets so upset! He's mostly agreeable though:)
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, yes!  Natalie only wants to wear dresses, and usually specific ones.  I can sometimes get her to wear skirts but rarely.  Even with the cooler weather last week, I could only get her to wear leggings under her dresses; she refuses to wear pants or shorts.  Claire is also going this direction.  Anytime I try to put something other than a dress on her, she throws a huge fit and grabs my hand to pull me over to the dress she wants to wear. 

I loved putting them in dresses when they were little but I'd like it now if they just wear pants once in awhile.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My brothers were the same way with pants....until they were pretty much in high school, they would not wear any kind of jeans.  Kahki's sometimes, but rarely.  They said that it 'hurt'.  Wonder if the seams are a little rougher on their 'area' :-p
  • Options
    Yes, only dresses! And sometimes she will pull her favorite dress out of her hamper when I am not looking and put that on! So frustrating! I think I am going to have to buy a lot of tights for the winter bc I don't think I will be able to get her to wear pants ;-)
  • Options
    Maddie didn't used to care at all, but she did decide this summer that she can only be a princess if she is wearing a skirt or dress, so it's a fight to get her into shorts or pants. She was getting better about it with shorts, but I had her wearing pants or leggings all weekend and I heard lots of complaints that they were "bugging" her. So I'm sure we're in for more arguments as it cools down!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, Liam has always been particular about his clothes!  Around 18 months, he would literally melt down if he was in anything other than a tshirt.  We had to walk out of Portrait Innovations because he was so hysterical that I put him in a Christmas sweater.

Nowadays, he'll wear most things but he's just opinionated about what he wants to wear each day, which shirt, which pants.  He likes to pick out his own outfits, which are sometimes interesting :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jack could care less about whether they are jeans or cotton pants or etc. which is good cuz last year most of his pants were jeans as are this year. He does like to help pick out his clothes and he def. has to be the one to pick out the underwear for the day! He will let me help him but sometimes he fights if i pick something he doesnt want.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"