Indiana Babies

St. Vincent Carmel

Hey, ladies! I'm due on Thursday and am delivering at St. V Carmel. I'm looking forward to my experience. Just wondering if anyone else on the board has delivered here and how was your experience? Also, do you remember specifically what you needed to pack for your stay and what they sent you home with? I know these questions are redundant on this site, but I'm wondering about this hospital specifically. I'd love to leave as much home as possible :) TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: St. Vincent Carmel

• I delivered there and loved the experience. THOUGH i'm thinking you get to enjoy the new renovations (I was there a month too soon).

All I took were clothes to change into (Mat. yoga pants and nursing tanks), my boppy and nursing pads. They had anything else I needed. I had a C-Sec so I was in there for 4+ days (Had Nicu baby as well). The nurses were all great and I had a fantastic eperience.

Good luck with your delivery!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks for the info! I'm glad I won't have to worry about shampoo and other randomness. Yes...I will get to enjoy the renovations. I got lucky. I'm most excited about the warm chocolate chip cookies they keep stocked!

Congrats on your little one :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I did too and loved it--which group are you with?  I did carmel/hazel dell ob-gyn.  I'm looking forward to the new renovations w/LO #2.  I didn't really like their toiletries (maybe they've changed since they redid it), so you may want your own shampoo/make-up etc.  Bring chapstick, a boppy, and a pump if you want the LC to help you set it up and it can help your milk come in.  Some people like their own pillow too.  I was comfortable in nursing tanks and yoga pants.  Other people like a robe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 8 weeks with my first and planning on going to Carmel St V's. That's where my mom went for my younger brother. I don't remember much specifics except for, of course, the chocolate chip cookies. The rooms were nicely decorated, and they were extremely accommodating to our family. They even have a small kitchen in the hallway stocked with snacks, if I remember correctly. We ended up with a few blankets, pacifiers, and most importantly, a couple bottles of the foam hand sanitizer. That stuff is great for packing in the diaper bag. Be sure to snag some! And good luck with baby :]
  • imageSusieDMB:
    I did too and loved it--which group are you with?  I did carmel/hazel dell ob-gyn.  I'm looking forward to the new renovations w/LO #2.  I didn't really like their toiletries (maybe they've changed since they redid it), so you may want your own shampoo/make-up etc.  Bring chapstick, a boppy, and a pump if you want the LC to help you set it up and it can help your milk come in.  Some people like their own pillow too.  I was comfortable in nursing tanks and yoga pants.  Other people like a robe.

I go to Hazel Dell Obgyn. I love, love, love them. If you don't mind me asking, who delivered your LO? Thanks for the input! 

• imagekatwithclaws:
    I'm 8 weeks with my first and planning on going to Carmel St V's. That's where my mom went for my younger brother. I don't remember much specifics except for, of course, the chocolate chip cookies. The rooms were nicely decorated, and they were extremely accommodating to our family. They even have a small kitchen in the hallway stocked with snacks, if I remember correctly. We ended up with a few blankets, pacifiers, and most importantly, a couple bottles of the foam hand sanitizer. That stuff is great for packing in the diaper bag. Be sure to snag some! And good luck with baby :]

My mouth is watering just thinking about those cookies! 

• imageSSchiefer:

I go to Hazel Dell Obgyn. I love, love, love them. If you don't mind me asking, who delivered your LO? Thanks for the input! 

Dr. Paas (she left a week after Josie was born), and when they did the c-section Dr. Teter assisted.  Dr. Teter delivered all 3 of my friend's kids and she loves him.  I met Neff at my appointment and liked her a lot too.  Of the Carmel people, I liked Moore and Jim the best.  Elaine is my regular doc, but she isn't delivering now.

If you get sick of hospital food, the jersey cafe across the street in the strip mall has great sandwiches--they were on diners, drive-ins, and dives.  We also like puccini's (same strip mall) for pizza.  The food there is so-so.  Maybe they've improved it w/the renovations though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"