Wisconsin Babies

West Allis Memorial Womens Pavillion (WAM)

I am planning to give birth at WAM in Jan.  I haven't gone to through a tour yet.  Has anyone been there.  What was it like.  I would like to have as close to a natural birth as possible.  This is my first and I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect.  Grateful for any input good or bad.  Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: West Allis Memorial Womens Pavillion (WAM)

• I loved WAM! I had to have a c-sect with my twins and didn't even make it into one of their state of the art birthing rooms (bummer) but LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the nurses and facility. Look on their website for tours and birthing classes. I even did my twin birthing class there and really liked it. Hope I helped!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are planning on delivering at WAM as well.  One of my friends just delivered there and she said it was great!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are planning on delivering there as well. I am due in mid-January. I was just researching when to schedule the tour for husband and I.
  • We had our daughter there and had a good experience.  Planning on going back for baby no. 2 :)

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• I am super late in responding.  I had my first two children at St. Joe's and my third at West Allis.  I liked the birthing room, liked all of the nurses but didn't like the doc who did my epidural.  I didn't like that some of their post-partum rooms have a double bed that is non-adjustable and that you could share with your husband (I didn't want anyone sleep with me right after I gave birth and wanted to be able to adjust the bed so I could sit upright in it comfortably.)

The biggest issue I had with West Allis was their billing.  I had quite a few issues with them incorrectly billing things so my only advice would be to watch for that so you don't end up paying more than you really owe.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• i know a bunch of people that have had babies there and they ALL loved it...never heard anything bad
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"