Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Cradle Cap

DS has cradle cap and I was wondering if any of you ladies know of any remedies that worked for you to get rid of or help with the severity. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cradle Cap

• Options
    You can try baby oil and a soft hair brush. The oil should loosen the crust and the brush will help you to flake it off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tried the 1st years american red cross all-in-one brush? One side has a sponge and the other a brush. The handle you fill with shampoo. We've had good luck with it. It looks like this and you can find them in stores.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelmjt:
    You can try baby oil and a soft hair brush. The oil should loosen the crust and the brush will help you to flake it off.

We did this 2 weeks ago and a few flakes are just now starting to come back.  I barely rubbed and it came off very easily, but I did have to shampoo about 3 times to get out the oily residue. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageFMIL&MOB:
    Have you tried the 1st years american red cross all-in-one brush? One side has a sponge and the other a brush. The handle you fill with shampoo. We've had good luck with it. It looks like this and you can find them in stores.
    This is the 1st time that I have seen something like this before. It looks neat. Where did you buy it??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got one at Target and I know Amazon carries them. You could try BRU, BuyBuyBaby, or even a drug store chain. Just a tip, do not put the sponge side down after use, I made that mistake and it stuck to the tub Tongue Tied let it dry first.
  • Options

Our pedi suggested using a small amount of Selsun Blue if the olive oil/brush didn't do the trick... just be careful not to get it in LO's eyes...

She also said sometimes it will keep coming back---whether it lasts 1 month or 1 year, there isn't really a "cure"... you'll just have to keep getting rid of it

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"