Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Cleaning bottles- repost from July 2011

Reposting this here from the July 2011 board...

What soap do you all use to clean your LO's bottles?  Do you also sterilize them for each use? Ive been using regular dish soap but I've noticed that the scent kind of lingers on the bottle, no matter how much I rinse.  I can't seem to find any fragrance-free dish soap at the regular stores.  Also, I started sterilizing the bottles before each use, using the microwave steam bags, but I admit that I've started getting lazy...  is it really bad not to sterilize them each time?  

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cleaning bottles- repost from July 2011

• Options
    Target sells several brands of "free" soap.  But, I use regular blue dawn.  It cuts the fat from the breast milk the best and gets the nipples the cleanest. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I use Pomolive baby.  I think we found it at Walmart.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekatie4253:
    Target sells several brands of "free" soap.  But, I use regular blue dawn.  It cuts the fat from the breast milk the best and gets the nipples the cleanest. 

this....and I only sterilize before the first use...my doctor said that home germs are good germs.

• Options
    i use dawn direct but i boil water before i start washing then just put them in hot water after for a few mins. that gets rid of the soap smell.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageklang621:

imagekatie4253:

this....and I only sterilize before the first use...my doctor said that home germs are good germs.

Pretty much this except I sterilize every once in a while, maybe once every couple weeks, but I was also told that some germs are good.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Palmolive Baby, but only because it was a gift. I do love the scent though. I definitely don't sterilize every time. Maybe once a week. I BF so there are not a lot of bottles ... mostly what I use for pumping.
  • Options
    I have a couple samples of dapple and have been using that.  I semi sterilize every couple weeks, meaning I wash them using the boiled water cooled down a bit.

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• Options
    imagemjune3881:
    Your baby looks like a doll. Beautiful.
  • Options

I use Watkins Lemon dishsoap. It's just what I've always bought. I've never noticed a scent.

More times than not though, I dishwasher them. I just make sure to rinse in the sink when they come out. Never had an issue there either.

I've sterilized bottles...ummm....once. I highly doubt they're harboring anything soap and hot water can't kill.

• Options

We don't use bottles b/c  EBF but when we do we usually wash with either Publix brand antibacterial dish soap or Dawn and we always steralize afterward.  We have the Avent microwave steralizer that is super easy to use so it's not a big deal for us to do it every time.

https://www.target.com/p/Avent-Express-Microwave-Steam-Sterilizer/-/A-508389

• Options
    I use regular dish soap and sterilized before first use in the dishwasher.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

imageMrsNole:
    I use regular dish soap and sterilized before first use in the dishwasher.

pretty much this. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesuzyqjmu:
    imagemjune3881:
    Your baby looks like a doll. Beautiful.

Thank you!

• Options
    I boiled before first use, then either DW or handwash with store-brand dish soap, it's Orange scent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"