School-Aged Children

Precocious Puberty

Anyone deal with this? We do not have a confirmed diagnosis but that's what pedi is leaning towards. It all started with me noticing that DD had a little bit of underarm hair and some acne. Then, I was super excited because she has always been tiny and she grew an inch in one month. She is annoyed with all of the Dr appointments and tests but hasn't really realized that there is an issue with her body yet. I'm trying to do as much research as possible because I want to be as informed as possible and know what questions to ask if that is her official diagnosis. TIA!

ETA: DD just turned 3 in July. We didn't notice any symptoms until August and then seemed to come on rather suddenly.

Re: Precocious Puberty

• I researched this a few months ago as well.  My DD (age 6) started getting body odor at 4 and we noticed scarce underarm hair shortly after she turned 6.  We had a bone scan (x-ray of her wrist) to determine bone age which you definitely need to do if you haven't already.  My ped said he would be concerned if it was greater then 6mo advanced of her actual age.  She was 6yrs3mo and it came back 6yrs10mo which he was ok with.  I am going to have the blood tests done to test her hormones if I see any other signs of puberty or progression.  My ped would have ordered the blood tests but DD was not being cooperative that day and so we just decided to wait and see how the bone scan came out.

I think my DD has premature adrenarche- have you researched this at all?  From what I read precocious puberty is really defined by beginning breast development.  Does your DD have that?  I hope everything turns out ok- I understand your worry and anxiety.  Have you found out any results since posting? 

DD(7), DS(4.5), DS(2.5), DS(baby)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"