Detroit Babies

Diapers?

I'm looking to start stocking up on diapers.  Was wondering what brand has worked best for you?  Also do you buy at a local store or order online?  Have you joined a "club" to receive special deals?  Any info would be great. 

TIA

Re: Diapers?

• I have a son and Pampers and Up&Up from Target worked best for us.  Huggies leaked so bad in the beginning, but now that he's older I can use them.  I've heard the opposite from moms of girls.  We get our diapers on Amazon through their Subscribe & Save program and because we are Amazon Moms members (anyone can sign up) we get free shipping and free Amazon Prime.  For every $25 you spend you get 1 more month of free Amazon Prime. 
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Huggies were worst for us too. Pampers have been best, they have rewards points too. Also Luvs are a little cheaper and have worked great too, even through 12 hours at night. Ive heard great things about Amazon Mom, just havent gotten around to looking at it yet, but you shoukd check it out too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Pampers and Up and Up worked best for me (have a son). I can also use Huggies now but Luvs? Never!

I wouldn't buy too many at a time though. It seemed like my son would outgrow the sizes so fast and I'd be left with a Costco size box of diapers with only a few dozen used. He blew through Newborn, 1 and 2 sizes really fast; stayed in 3s and 4s for a longer time period. 

Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • I like Pampers the best.  I've tried Huggies and absolutely hate them.  They just have a real stiff feel and I didn't like the fit either

I agree with PP about not stocking up.  You're better off putting money aside and waiting to buy until you know which diaper you're going to use.  Even within one brand.  I started off with swaddlers and had to switch to the sensative when DS didn't tolerate the dry max

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a girl and we only use Pampers.  I also use Amazon Subscribe and Save and it is the only way to go for us.  Nothing beats the price and free shipping to your door?  Yes, please.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We use Huggies in our house.  My DD had a horrible reaction to pampers (bleeding burns on her butt), so we never even tried them with my DS.  We buy them on Amazon and get them dirt cheap through amazon mom and subscribe and save.  We've also used Kirkland brand from Costco and have been equally happy.  The Up&Up brand leaked like crazy for us so we only tried those once.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Pamper Swaddlers. 99% of the Huggies pack I used leaked as well as Costco's Kirkland brand. We use Amazon Mom and get 1 pack delivered a month for as cheap as the Kirkland diapers!  You can't beat the deal and free shipping.  I agree that I wouldn't stock up on diapers just yet.  You never know what will work for your LO and you'll probably end up returning some.  I'd just buy a small pack or two of Pampers and go from there.  Trust me, you won't mind an excuse to run to the store! :)
  • Pampers work best for us and I use Amazon Mom and save a ton.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Guests who brought diapers to our shower were entered into a raffle (for a gift certificate to Andiamo), so we had a ton of different kinds and sizes of diapers in the beginning.  It was a fantastic way to stock up and try out all brands.  We found that Pampers Swaddlers were best when my babies were newborn.  We settled on Up and Up as they got bigger.  

• Not sure if you are considering it but cloth diapering can save a ton of money.  For about $300 you can get diapers to last from baby to toddler and use on any additional children you will have.

There are 2 great store in the area, one in Ferndale and one in Ann Arbor.  

As far as disposables go, Huggies have never really fit DD.  I like Pampers sensitive for the newborn stage and Pampers 12 hour as she has gotten older.  Up and Up have also been great, haven't tried them at night time.  

Also, if you sign up for Amazon mom you can get coupons and it is usually free shipping  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"