3rd Trimester
Options

XP: Ladies who've had the Rhogam shot....

What did your doctor tell you are possible side effects?

When I went to the hospital to get my injection today, the lady gave me the shot and sent me on my way, saying that the most common side effect is just tenderness at the injection site. I was so irritated from having them delay my appointment for an hour (they "forgot" they had a staff meeting at my scheduled appointment time), that I left without asking about other things I should be on the look out for. I had the shot with DD as well, but it was over 5 years ago and I can't remember what they told me.

I'm not feeling so hot and just wondering.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
*TW loss and children mentioned*
DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

Re: XP: Ladies who've had the Rhogam shot....

• Options
    Same here...had the shot at my glucose test and didn't have any issues.  
  • Options
    I've had the rhogam shot three times due to previous miscarriages and just had my latest shot at 28 weeks.  Never had any side effect except bruising/soreness around the injection site.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecszlachta:
    Same here...had the shot at my glucose test and didn't have any issues.  

this. nobody mentioned side effects and I never thought to ask.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Thanks, ladies :)

I just have a headache and a stomach ache, but I guess they can both be attributed to other things (like lack of sleep and stress over my sister's bridal shower this weekend....). It's probably all a coincidence.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    No side effects....and they didn't even mention I might have side effects. Just gave me the shot and that was that! But I had it with DD, too, and was fine, so I didn't even think about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No side effects here and i've had the shot multiple times this pregnancy and in the past.  sometimes the injection site was more sore than others but that's it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    I didn't have any side effects at all.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    They gave me the paperwork that came with the shot, but never mentioned side effects to watch out for.  I've had it twice with this pregnancy, and have never noticed any effects.
    Maranda
  • Options

MOST people have NO side effects

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using RhoGAM:

Headache; mild fever; mild pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using RhoGAM:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); back pain; blood in the urine; dark urine; decreased urination; fast heartbeat; nausea; severe or persistent fever; shaking and/or chills; shortness of breath; sudden weight gain; swelling; unusual tiredness or weakness; wheezing; vomiting; yellowing of the eyes or skin.

• Options
    I don't recall any side effects from the rhogam shot, but the day that I had it, my bp was elevated pre shot and I ended up having to go to labor and delivery for monitoring. In fact, when I was in the shower the next morning, I found the band aid and could not remember where it came from.
  • Options
    I didn't have any side effects, but they did make me wait in the waiting room for 15 minutes afterwards.... so I assume there can be side effects for some people.  I don't know if it was specifically for me since I have a history of allergic reactions, or if they do that for everybody, though.  They didn't tell me why and I didn't ask because I didn't want to be a hypocondriac and start dreaming up symptoms :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"