Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

5 week old- sleeping almost all day

Thats it. Shes literally been asleep the majority of the day. She woke up at the normal time, 6:30, and had her normal bottle, but went right back to sleep.She woke up arounf 9:30, had a bottle and stayed awake for about 2.5 hours, had another bottle and slept from noon - almost 3pm. Then, I woke her up. But she was very groggy. She had half of a bottle, and fell asleep. I held for for a bit, and walked around and she woke up a bit more- finished that bottle and is now- asleep. Like a rock.

She started Zantac the other day. Is this a side effect??? Or...normal???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 5 week old- sleeping almost all day

• Options

not sure about the Zantac - might want to ask your pharmacist but she also may be going through a bit of a growth spurt...i wouldn't wake her up though - just let her sleep.

totally normal! and enjoy it :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I called into the ped's office. This LO was previously a screamer, almost all day, and not a good napper! Its just a little wierd...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

normal.  my 7 week old is still asleep a lot too. 

zantac might be making her more comfortable so she can sleep longer but i don't think sleepiness isn't a side effect of the medication.

• Options
    Thats what I am wondering....does she actually feel so much better that shes resting well?
  • Options

imagekatxattack:
    Thats what I am wondering....does she actually feel so much better that shes resting well?

I would think so.  My DD #2 took Prevacid for reflux and she was a completely different baby once we figured out what was going on and properly medicated her. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"