Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Angelcare movement monitor

If you have one- what "sensitivity" do you set it at?

We used it for the first time last night (omg I can't believe I slept without LO in bed with me!) but he quite mobile and he kept either rolling to the side or scooting up so that he was'nt all the way on it and it would go off.

I have it set up correctly with plywood underneath it and it is in the middle of the crib. He just moved off of it.

Any tips?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Angelcare movement monitor

• Options
    I would say keep moving the monitor until it doesn't go off as much. My LO sleeps in a cradle so it's a little less space than a crib but at first it seemed to go off if he rolled to one side or the other and wasn't right on top of it. I think ours is set to 3, but once I moved it, it hardly ever goes off! I was just thinking how I must've gotten it in a good spot because it's been at least 2 weeks since it even did just the single beep and then he's back down and up at the top of the cradle on the side (like top corner) and it started beeping! I guess that's the only downside to the monitor is they have to be close to on top of it.
  • Options
    Have you looked into getting a snuza halo? Works a lot better for us because he moves around so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBgood8507:
    Have you looked into getting a snuza halo? Works a lot better for us because he moves around so much!

I have NEVER heard of or seen that but i just looked it up and it seems great! Nice for when we visit grandma and grandpa's house too!

• Options
    I don't have any tips on the angel care, but I second the Snuza. We love that thing...it's the only way I felt comfortable finally moving DS into his own room. It's great for long car rides, too!
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecatie333:

imageBgood8507:

I have NEVER heard of or seen that but i just looked it up and it seems great! Nice for when we visit grandma and grandpa's house too!

Yeah, you should def. get the snuza.  We originally bought the angelcare and returned it.  Snuza took the "idea" of the angelcare monitor and made it so much better IMO.

• Options
    We have ours set on 4, and our LO moved all the way over to the edge of the crib last night and had her feet between the bars, but the thing did not go off (still showed her breathing movements on the monitor.) Seems to work well for us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"