Military Families

Has anyone given birth in Germany?

If so what was your experience at the hospital like? We're stationed in Grafenwoehr and I'll be giving birth at the Wieden hospital. I'm kinda nervous about it!

Re: Has anyone given birth in Germany?

• Not yet. We are in Stuttgart, I will deliver at a civi hospital here. I have only heard good things, though. In general, Germans have a pretty holistic approach to childbirth, which i love. In many ways, I like the are better here thus far.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Not yet either.  We are at Hohenfels, and I will be giving birth in Regensburg.  Still trying to figure out which hospital, as I have 2 to chose from.  I went to the ER due to some contractions about 2 weeks ago, and the docs and midwives were really nice.  When are you due?

Though, the experiences that other friends have had, make it sound like it is pretty nice.  The only complaint that I have gotten is if you want drugs, you have to really nag them about it.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep I delivered in Bamberg(I am German though) and I thought the midwives there were really friendly but as PP said I think in Germany they?re not really quick on giving epidurals or other kind of meds. I got my epidural after eight hours of labor and I was really begging for it for hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"