Trouble TTC

Ovidrel and alcohol? (Go ahead and flame me!)

Is it terrible that I'm even asking this question?  We are going on a bicycle pub crawl tonight with a bunch of friends in our neighborhood.  Should I not drink if I'm triggering tonight?  Obviously, I don't plan to drink a lot but should I just cut it out altogether?  I usually don't drink during the 2ww but I'm not officially there yet. 

Not to sound like a complete lush but my friends will know something is up if I don't drinks at an event like this.  We've had it planned for a month.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
No heartbeat at 10w6d
FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
It's a boy!
My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ovidrel and alcohol? (Go ahead and flame me!)

• You won't get any flames from me....I'm in the drink til it's pink club.  Not that I'm a lush but I definitely enjoy a few cocktails most weekends.

I triggered 2 Saturday's ago and had drinks that night and a couple of other times in this 2ww. Embarrassed

IMO, if you are being responsible and not getting wasted, you are doing no harm.  Now, I'm no doctor, but I think that I have read that you don't share with the baby until 6 weeks.  However, I would definitely not drink as soon as a second line popped up.

My thoughts--have a couple of drinks tonight and enjoy yourself!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a glass of wine the night we triggered. I couldn't find any research online about not drinking (responsibly) with the trigger shot. In our instructions it says to abstain from alcoholic beverages durring the 2ww, which is what I am doing. I would say, have fun. It will get your mind off of IF for a while anyway. GL! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  That is what I thought but I meant to ask at my appt this morning but forgot. 

Don't get me wrong, I have consumed alcohol during the 2ww before but I try to keep it to a minimum.  I also went scuba diving during the 2ww once.  That is a huge no-no.  Glad I didn't pass up the opportunity since that was over a year ago and I'm still not KU.

No heartbeat at 10w6d
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I drink 'til it's pink, too!  I overdid it last night and had a nasty hangover this morning.  Embarrassed
    My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• drink til it's pink!  Have fun tonight... just dont' over do it Smile
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Will do!  Thanks for the advice.  I just wondered what everyone else thought about it. 

The question now is wine or beer?  I'm leaning toward beer since it's still so hot here.  You ladies enjoy your evening as well!

No heartbeat at 10w6d
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a glass of wine or beer the first week of the TTW. I don't know why I don't the second week but I was in Vegas when I triggered so I drank a little. :) GL
    BabyFruit Ticker

Dx PCOS 2010
    TTC since Jan 2011
    4 cycles of Clomid unmonitored (I do NOT recommend!) March-June 2011
    Started w/ RE
    July-September: Clomid, hCG trigger, 3 hCG boosters, 1 blood test and 1 BFN
    September/October: HSG (all clear) Clomid, hCG Trigger, IUI and 3 hCG boosters
    *****10/24/2011 BFP! Beta #1. 113 Beta #2. 322. EDD JUNE 29, 2012
    IT'S A BOY! Jackson Alan
    EVERYONE WELCOME
  • I def have drank night of trigger. I have only refrained in the 2WW and even still, I would have a glass of wine out to dinner.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 4 or more drinks per week are linked to lower fertility; 1-2 are linked to greater fertility.  FWIW.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Ive still yet to get to a trigger or a 2ww..but I like the saying Drink till its Pink..have fun tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"