Trying to Get Pregnant

Can Anyone Share Experience with Progesterone Cream?

I went off of NuvaRing in March and my cycles seemed to go back to normal, then in June I noticed my Luteal Phase starting to get shorter, in July it dropped to 8 Days with spotting Days 5-7.  I started taking 100mg of B6 and this past cycle my Luteal Phase went back to 12, however I still had brown spotting at 8 DPO through 11 DPO and then got my period.

I have been researching the use of Natural Progesterone Cream, specifically Emerita ProGest Natural. 

Can anyone share their experience of using Progesterone Cream.  How much did you use, what days did you use it, did it have an effect on your cycle?

Any information is apprecaited.

Thanks!

Re: Can Anyone Share Experience with Progesterone Cream?

• I didn't use cream, but during my last pregnancy I was using a progesterone supplement.  The only thing I remember about it was the doctor's warning that if I used it before O, O wouldn't happen.  Have you been to the Dr to get your progesterone levels tested?  I would think that the Dr would be able to give you instructions on when/how much to use.

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I see my OB in October.  I am guessing he is going to suggest a progesterone supplement of some sort and I am trying to learn more about it so I can have an intellectual discussion at my appointment.

I have never heard of Progesterone Cream until recently when I noticed my LP was out of line. 

• Loading the player...
  • Brace yourself - my RE had me use a round capsule vaginally every night for 11 weeks - talk about disgusting.  BUT, I became pregnant with my daughter that cycle, so it was worth it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh Boy!

Thanks for the heads up!  Good news is I was use to inserting NuvaRing, so whats another foreign object?! HAHA

• I've used this via a Rx by my RE. It's messy (think Monistat 7 cream) and has s/e such as sore breasts, fatigue, cervical irritation, etc. I used it starting 4dpiui/dpo and used it until 14dpiui/dpo when I took a HPT. I stopped the progesterone after getting a BFN.

I would hesitate to use anything like that OTC...

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You should not use any type of OTC hormonal cream without doctor recomendations. Messing with your hormones because you think you might have low progesterone could cause you more issues. A doctor will give you a prescription for suppositories or pills if you need it.

Also, many OTC progresterone creams contain phytoestrogens which you would not be helpful at all.

ETA: according to my RE there is not even enough progesterone in an OTC cream to fix any type of problem. The only thing it would do is throw off your own natrual balance

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"