Upstate NY Babies
Options

October bday party - favor question

Another question - I was thinking of doing a fall theme for DD's party favors.  It is a family party, not too many kids, so for the kids I can do some bigger stuff.  I got these cute sticker books that are fall theme.  I wasn't sure if I should do stuff like apples or those mini pumpkins, but I don't know if that is a good idea or what else I could put in there.  I'm trying to stay away from candy and junk, my daughter gets enough of that stuff at parties.  We are going to do tons of apple picking so I would have tons of apples..

Also for the adults I was going to make some sort of fancy dipped marshmallows, but maybe I should try to do dipped apples or something?  Any thoughts?

Re: October bday party - favor question

• Options

I think caramel and/or candy apples would be great (for both adults and kids) I know you mentioned you wanted to stay away from candy, but I think it's a cute idea for a fall party. I wouldn't do just plain apples as a favor... that would be a bit odd... I think.

If you plan on having a bunch of apples to use up, you could also make apple butter. I have some pear butter in the crockpot right now, and it smells delicious! I used this recipe, and I'm sure you could sub in apples... or just google a recipe. You could make it weeks in advance and can it in small jars (with cute ribbons and thank you tags)

For the kids you could do small pumpkins and have them paint them at the party... as a favor/activity all in one.  

• Options

Love candy apples as a favor...

or if you have a ton of apples you could dry out some apples and make a potpourri with cin sticks and things...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the idea of candy/caramel apples is great and works for both adults and kids.  Plus it makes a nice decoration too.  Otherwise you could do some sort of hot apple cider mix with an apple maybe?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Love NikCole's ideas of the painted pumpkin. That would keep the kids busy, and give them something to take home. I also love the caramel apples...we did that as our wedding favor and people loved it!

Other ideas for apples: use them as stamps for a craft, bob for apples, have mulled apple cider in your crockpot for a drink and reg apple cider too, make homemade mini pies to give the adults as favors, or mini apple crisps or muffins!

Other craft activities: have a bin with leaves, acorns, pine cones, glitter, glue, etc and let the kids make a collage to take home...do thumbprint painting to make fall colored trees where you trace the kid's arm and hand to be the branches.

Other favor ideas: cute fall hats, hot cocoa set!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

I think caramel and/or candy apples would be great (for both adults and kids) I know you mentioned you wanted to stay away from candy, but I think it's a cute idea for a fall party. I wouldn't do just plain apples as a favor... that would be a bit odd... I think.

If you plan on having a bunch of apples to use up, you could also make apple butter. I have some pear butter in the crockpot right now, and it smells delicious! I used this recipe, and I'm sure you could sub in apples... or just google a recipe. You could make it weeks in advance and can it in small jars (with cute ribbons and thank you tags)

For the kids you could do small pumpkins and have them paint them at the party... as a favor/activity all in one.  

This is what we did for DD's party last year (also October) and it was a huge hit!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"